Vital Oxide Disinfectant and Cleaner
Getting rid of mold and mildew is key to maintaining a healthy home environment. Mold is a powerful, pervasive allergen that can be inhaled in the form of invisible, airborne spores. Ironically, cleaning mold and mildew often involves harsh chemicals that could cause allergic reactions themselves, or even trigger asthma attacks. As an EPA approved disinfectant, Vital Oxide is the safest and most effective solution for mold removal, odor control, green cleaning, and broad spectrum disinfection.
Mold and Mildew Prevention
- Destroy mold on contact with Vital Oxide's powerful yet safe formulation.
- Prevent mold formation by using Vital Oxide to pre-treat areas that are susceptible to mold and mildew. Vital Oxide inhibits spore germination for up to seven months, even in the most saturated areas.
- Use all over the house, in garages, closets, bathrooms, kitchens, porches, balconies - anywhere that mold grows.
- Treat all types of surfaces, including fabric, wood, concrete, and bathroom or ceiling tiles. Vital Oxide penetrates hard and porous surfaces alike, killing mold and airborne pathogens.
Broad Spectrum Disinfectant
- As an EPA approved sanitizer, Vital Oxide kills 99.999% of infectious organisms in bacterial populations within 30 seconds of application.
- Kill dangerous, drug-resistant pathogens like Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Protect your family's health. Vital Oxide is an antimicrobial disinfectant that's been independently tested and clinically proven to be effective against a wide array of viruses, yeasts, and bacteria, including MRSA, Norovirus, Legionella pneumophila, and E coli.
- Simplify your cleaning routine. Vital Oxide is an easy-to-use multipurpose cleaner that quickly penetrates all types of surfaces.
- Eliminate odors without masking them.
- Attack the source of odor-causing microbials. Vital Oxide destroys them at the molecular level.
Entirely Safe - For You and the Environment
- Vital Oxide is completely safe. The CLO2 compound in Vital Oxide has been used to purify drinking water for decades.
- Prevent exposure to pungent odors, corrosive properties, and harmful by-products. Vital Oxide is so safe that there are no special handling instructions on its label! It's so gentle you could wash your hands in it.
- Vital Oxide is a green, environmentally friendly alternative to harsh chlorine (bleach) or ammonia (Windex like) home cleaners. It doesn't give off VOCs, which are harmful to both the environment and living creatures, and it's 100% biodegradable. The stabilized CLO2 in Vital Oxide is not the same chemical as chlorine. Chlorine and sodium chloride are two VERY different substances, and the CL02 in Vital Oxide is non-corrosive and does not give a strong odor like chlorine. More importantly, chlorine is not effective and does not destroy germs like Vital Oxide does.
- No mixing required - it's ready to use straight from the bottle.
- Vital Oxide has been thoroughly tested and EPA approved.
Vital Oxide Product Specifications
- Size: 32 oz. bottle with sprayer
- US EPA Registered: Yes (82972-1), non-corrosive, non-irritating
- Active Ingredient: Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide (CLO2)
- Coverage (Spraying): 32 oz. spray bottle - 250 sq. ft.
- Coverage (Fogging): 32 oz. spray bottle - 2000 cu. ft. | Gallon - 8,000 cu. ft.
- Safety: Safe for people, pets, and the environment.
- MSDS: Download Vital Oxide MSDS
Vital Oxide Disinfectant and Cleaner - A Closer Look
How Vital Oxide Works
Vital Oxide kills germs in two primary ways. With bacteria it alters certain amino acids and the RNA of the bacteria to cause a breakdown of the cell wall and eventual death of the organism. When it comes to viruses, Vital Oxide essentially oxidizes amino acids to prevent the formation of proteins and causes the virus to die. It acts as a free radical that seeks out and oxidizes mold and other microorganisms, ultimately disassociating into simple table salt. Many cleaners use chemicals that are actually carcinogenic, like Haloacetic acids and Astrihalomethanes. Vital Oxides uses none of these, and this is another reason why we say that Vital Oxide is a "green" cleaner and disinfectant, no harmful chemical residue is left behind.
- Too Bad I Didn't Find This Product Years Ago!
- For years from the time growing up till a few years back I was raised to use Lysol or Clorox to clean and disinfect household areas. Though in doing so always seemed to irritate my eyes, nose and lungs. When my children starting having breathing issues and our youngest the worst it was time to change. This past winter we were able to use Vital Oxide for cleaning our bathroom and kitchen area along with counters through out our home and Thank you no issues. It really does cut down mold, cleans and is safe on many levels. So from now on this will be our disinfectant weapon of choice.
- This is it!
- If you are like me and are chemically sensitive, you can appreciate when I say...aahhh...finally. Zero smell.
- good stuff
- Worked well to remove to remove both mold and mildew--very clean and sanzitized
- Excellent Product
- I have been searching and searching for a safe disinfectant for my family. Vital Oxide is the perfect solution for disinfecting around the house for our family with allergies. We use it on everything!
- No More Complaints!
- With an office staff full of allergies, VitalOxide came to the rescue! With no scent, it works beautifully so there are No More Complaints from the allergy sufferers! Would recommend to anyone!
- Very little odor
- I like to idea of low odor. I hope it is doing all is says it is doing. But not having a strong, choking odor is great.
- No more carpet mold!
- I noticed a few spots of mold growing through some of carpet and not only did this killed all of it immediately but it got rid of the mold stains. After being so pleased with the smaller bottle, I purchased the gallon size and following the directions on the bottle, I used it in my carpet cleaner to fully clean the carpet and now the carpet looks new and smells very clean. It's been a little over a month now and there are absolutely no signs of mold growth.
- it rocks
- Mold is an issue for us - me, the dogs, even the husband unit. This works. It actually kills the roots and wipes it out for good!
- Works great on stone shower floor
- I purchased this product 2 weeks ago to remove mold and mildew from a natural stone shower floor and I am absolutely amazed by this product. Even though I had sealed the grout and stones when they were installed, because of the rough profile, it has been difficult to get all the water to drain from between the stones and dry thoroughly between showers. After applying VitalOxide and waiting 15 minutes, I was able to remove all traces of the mold and mildew with a soft brush and now I apply it after each shower and have seen no sign of the mold and mildew returning. I love that it can be used as a disinfectant on all my bathroom and kitchen surfaces without harmful chemicals.
- Works great for Mold and Mildew
- We had a leak under our sink and did not realize it for awhile. We started smelling a moldy mildew smell and thats when we found it. You could smell it all over the house. The wood underneath was moldy and it was a mess. I have used the basic mold and mildew cleaners from supermarkets and they are irritating to my lungs and don't work. Vital Oxide immediately took care of the awful mildew smell. It was gone right after I sprayed it on. I cleaned it up and it is like it never happened! Thanks for the great product! I will buy this again.
- Terrific product!!! 3rd bottle
- Vital oxide is a terrific product...I am very sensitive to both mold and certain chemicals so using bleach is out of the question for me. I use Vital Oxide to clean my bathroom and kitchen surfaces as well as the floors...I am sooo happy to have found this product, and it is not too expensive. If you have any concerns about using harsh chemicals, I strongly recommend this product. Take care!
- I love this cleaner!
- I am sensitive to many cleaners and bleach but needed something to do a good job cleaning the bathroom. I can't believe how thrilled I am to find this product. It can clean, disinfect and prevent mildew in the bathroom without all of the noxious fumes. Everything seems so fresh and clean afterward. This is the only cleaner I have used since I bought the first bottle and I have moved on to gallon jug refills. Highly recommended!
- It's Really Clean
- My husband has multiple allergies and they were kicking up again. He was experiencing a lot of itching. I suspected mold in this old house, so decided to try Vital Oxide. I absolutely love this stuff. I washed down all the walls and ceiling in the bedroom and it has never looked so clean or smelled so clean. He felt better! I was impressed. It takes a lot to impress me, believe me! I highly recommend it! Thank you for a great product.
Write Your Own Review
Vital Oxide Mold Remover & Disinfectant
Unlike the majority of chemicals cleaners found in our homes and in stores today, Vital Oxide is an EPA registered disinfectant and sanitizer. This means several things, first, while the areas you clean won't smell like bleach or ammonia, they'll likely be cleaner than ever before. This also means that you now have an effective all around cleaner and sanitizer to use on any style of surface to remove the microscopic germs and organisms that can not only cause bad odors but also make us sick. I'm often skeptical about cleaners and big claims, and I've certainly tried my share of "mold removers" which did nothing to mold. After a couple weeks of use, this is what I found.
What I like about Vital Oxide Mold Remover & Disinfectant
Vital Oxide is really easy to use. Though there are gallon size containers, the spray bottle was perfect for use around my house. Overall, I found several excellent uses for Vital Oxide. The first thing I tackled was the grout in my shower. Sad to say, but I did indeed have mold growing in the corner seams of the grout in our downstairs shower. I had a cleaner (smelled like straight bleach to me) that was supposed to specifically for mold. Worthless. Not only did it not remove the mold but it stunk up my entire bathroom. Vital Oxide was decidedly different. I first sprayed the seams where the mold was and allowed it to sit for about 7-8 minutes. Then, I sprayed it again and let it sit for about two minutes before I used a soft bristle brush to scrub the seams. Admittedly, I should have used a stiff bristle brush, but I didn't have one and wasn't making an extra trip for one. Surprisingly, even with that very soft bristle brush, the offending mold scrubbed easily out of grout lines. In a matter of just a few minutes, all of the mold was gone. I rinsed then reapplied the Vital Oxide on the still wet grout. That was nearly six weeks ago, and I've not used the Vital Oxide in my shower since - I haven't had to. The mold has yet to come back.
It is difficult for me to attest to the actual ability of Vital Oxide to kill viruses and bacteria. I can't see them, and I generally don't carry a microscope and swab set with me... ever. But for me, the fact that I can and have read case studies and independently verified efficacy tests is a huge advantage over most cleaners or disinfectants. And the EPA certification as a sanitizer carries a lot of weight. For that designation, it essentially must kill 99.9% of harmful bacteria within 30 seconds of application. And the fact that it can be used to effectively disinfect food prep surfaces WITHOUT requiring a rinse afterwards says a great deal about the nature of this cleaner.
For people who have sensitivities to harsh chemicals, Vital Oxide can be an excellent all around cleaner and disinfectant. Vital Oxide will not irritate the skin, and has no odor. I found that while using it in my shower, I thought I could pick up a slight odor, but my nose isn't very reliable.
The other application where I found Vital Oxide to be perfect for me what with my dog's bed. I keep a blanket it over it but generally after two days, it smells funky. I lightly mist it over his bed when we leave for work, and when we get back home, there is no noticeable odor.
Vital Oxide can also be used on furniture. Similar to how I use it for my dog's bed, Vital Oxide not only reduces or eliminates odors but it also breaks down the proteins found in allergens. With most allergens, particularly dander, a protein found in the secretions of the sebaceaus gland cause an overreaction in our immune system. And this overreaction is our allergic response. Vital Oxide oxidizes these proteins on all surfaces.
What I don't like about Vital Oxide Mold Remover & Disinfectant
There are only a couple drawbacks to this product. While it does clean, it's always best to remove heavy soil, dirt and mess before using Vital Oxide. If Vital Oxide cannot actually reach then penetrate the surface you are wanting to disinfect, then it will not be as effective as it could be. My only other possible precaution with Vital Oxide would be if you are going to use it on fabric, always test and area for color fastness. Vital Oxide is not like bleach, but doesn't mean that some chemical treatment or dye in upholstered furniture couldn't possibly react and cause a slight change in color.
In all, there is really no big drawback to Vital Oxide. It's more effective, safer and overall, better for your health and the environment than nearly every other cleaner or sanitizer on the market. It's one of only a few cleaners that actually sanitizes, deep cleans, kills mold, removes mildew and reduces odors and allergens in a convenient and safe manner. Vital Oxide offers the healthy kind of clean not found in hardly any other household "cleaners."