*Free shipping on orders over $150 to the continental United States. Customers are responsible for all shipping costs on orders for Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada. Most orders ship via UPS or US Postal Service. Most orders are shipped to Canada via USPS. Please keep in mind that our rates include the cost of shipping, handling, and packaging. If you return your order, we do not refund the initial ground or promotional shipping costs.
rid of mold and mildew is key to maintaining a healthy home environment. Mold is a powerful, pervasive allergen that can be inhaled in the form of
invisible, airborne spores. Ironically, cleaning mold and mildew often involves harsh chemicals that could cause allergic reactions
themselves, or even trigger asthma attacks. As an EPA approved disinfectant, Vital Oxide is the safest and most effective solution for mold removal, odor
control, green cleaning, and broad spectrum disinfection.
Vital Oxide Video
Vital Oxide Product Features
Mold and Mildew Prevention
Destroy mold on contact with Vital Oxide's powerful yet safe formulation.
Prevent mold formation by using Vital Oxide to pre-treat areas that are susceptible to mold and mildew. Vital
Oxide inhibits spore germination for up to seven months, even in the most saturated areas.
Use all over the house, in garages, closets, bathrooms, kitchens, porches, balconies - anywhere that mold grows.
Treat all types of surfaces, including fabric, wood, concrete, and bathroom or ceiling tiles. Vital Oxide penetrates
hard and porous surfaces alike, killing mold and airborne pathogens.
Broad Spectrum Disinfectant
As an EPA approved sanitizer, Vital Oxide kills 99.999% of infectious organisms in bacterial populations within 30 seconds of application.
Kill dangerous, drug-resistant pathogens like Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Protect your family's health. Vital Oxide is an antimicrobial disinfectant that's been independently tested and clinically proven to be
effective against a wide array of viruses, yeasts, and bacteria, including MRSA, Norovirus, Legionella pneumophila, and E coli.
Simplify your cleaning routine. Vital Oxide is an easy-to-use multipurpose cleaner that quickly penetrates all types of surfaces.
Eliminate odors without masking them.
Attack the source of odor-causing microbials. Vital Oxide destroys them at the molecular level.
Entirely Safe - For You and the Environment
Vital Oxide is completely safe. The CLO2 compound in Vital Oxide has been used to purify drinking water for decades.
Prevent exposure to pungent odors, corrosive properties, and harmful by-products. Vital Oxide is so safe that there are no special handling instructions
on its label! It's so gentle you could wash your hands in it.
Vital Oxide is a green, environmentally friendly alternative to harsh chlorine (bleach) or ammonia (Windex like) home
cleaners. It doesn't give off VOCs, which are harmful to both the environment
and living creatures, and it's 100% biodegradable. The stabilized CLO2 in Vital Oxide is not the same chemical as chlorine. Chlorine and
sodium chloride are two VERY different substances, and the CL02 in Vital Oxide is non-corrosive
and does not give a strong odor like chlorine. More importantly, chlorine is not effective and does not destroy germs like Vital Oxide does.
No mixing required - it's ready to use straight from the bottle.
Vital Oxide has been thoroughly tested and EPA approved.
Vital Oxide Product Specifications
Size: 32 oz. bottle with sprayer
US EPA Registered: Yes (82972-1), non-corrosive, non-irritating
Active Ingredient: Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide (CLO2)
Safety: Safe for people, pets, and the environment.
Vital Oxide kills germs in two primary ways. With bacteria it alters certain amino acids and the RNA of the bacteria to cause a breakdown of the
cell wall and eventual death of the organism. When it comes to viruses, Vital Oxide essentially oxidizes amino acids to prevent the formation
of proteins and causes the virus to die. It acts as a free radical that seeks out and oxidizes mold and other microorganisms, ultimately disassociating
into simple table salt. Many cleaners use chemicals that are actually carcinogenic, like Haloacetic acids and Astrihalomethanes. Vital Oxides uses none of
these, and this is another reason why we say that Vital Oxide is a "green" cleaner and disinfectant, no harmful chemical residue is left behind.
Ask a Question Do you have a question about this product? Ask a Product Expert! The answer will be emailed to you and posted for the benefit of other shoppers.
Vital Oxide Mold Remover & Disinfectant
Unlike the majority of chemicals cleaners found in our homes and in stores today, Vital Oxide is an EPA registered disinfectant and sanitizer. This means
several things, first, while the areas you clean won't smell like bleach or ammonia, they'll likely be cleaner than ever before. This also means that
you now have an effective all around cleaner and sanitizer to use on any style of surface to remove the microscopic germs and organisms that can
not only cause bad odors but also make us sick. I'm often skeptical about cleaners and big claims, and I've certainly tried my share of "mold removers" which
did nothing to mold. After a couple weeks of use, this is what I found.
What I like about Vital Oxide Mold Remover & Disinfectant
Vital Oxide is really easy to use. Though there are gallon size containers, the spray bottle was perfect for use around my house. Overall, I found
several excellent uses for Vital Oxide. The first thing I tackled was the grout in my shower. Sad to say, but I did indeed have mold growing
in the corner seams of the grout in our downstairs shower. I had a cleaner (smelled like straight bleach to me) that was supposed to specifically for mold.
Worthless. Not only did it not remove the mold but it stunk up my entire bathroom. Vital Oxide was decidedly different.
I first sprayed the seams where the mold was and allowed it to sit for about 7-8 minutes. Then, I sprayed it again and let it sit for about two minutes
before I used a soft bristle brush to scrub the seams. Admittedly, I should have used a stiff bristle brush, but I didn't have one and wasn't making
an extra trip for one. Surprisingly, even with that very soft bristle brush, the offending mold scrubbed easily out of grout lines. In a matter of just
a few minutes, all of the mold was gone. I rinsed then reapplied the Vital Oxide on the still wet grout. That was nearly six weeks ago, and I've not used
the Vital Oxide in my shower since - I haven't had to. The mold has yet to come back.
It is difficult for me to attest to the actual ability of Vital Oxide to kill viruses and bacteria. I can't see them, and I generally don't carry a
microscope and swab set with me... ever. But for me, the fact that I can and have read case studies and independently verified efficacy tests is a huge
advantage over most cleaners or disinfectants. And the EPA certification as a sanitizer carries a lot of weight. For that designation, it essentially must kill
99.9% of harmful bacteria within 30 seconds of application. And the fact that it can be used to effectively disinfect food prep surfaces WITHOUT requiring
a rinse afterwards says a great deal about the nature of this cleaner.
For people who have sensitivities to harsh chemicals, Vital Oxide can be an excellent all around cleaner and disinfectant. Vital Oxide will not irritate the skin,
and has no odor. I found that while using it in my shower, I thought I could pick up a slight odor, but my nose isn't very reliable.
The other application where I found Vital Oxide to be perfect for me what with my dog's bed. I keep a blanket it over it but generally after two days, it
smells funky. I lightly mist it over his bed when we leave for work, and when we get back home, there is no noticeable odor.
Vital Oxide can also be used on furniture. Similar to how I use it for my dog's bed, Vital Oxide not only reduces or eliminates odors but it also
breaks down the proteins found in allergens. With most allergens, particularly dander, a protein found in the secretions of the sebaceaus gland cause
an overreaction in our immune system. And this overreaction is our allergic response. Vital Oxide oxidizes these proteins on all surfaces.
What I don't like about Vital Oxide Mold Remover & Disinfectant
There are only a couple drawbacks to this product. While it does clean, it's always best to remove heavy soil, dirt and mess before using
Vital Oxide. If Vital Oxide cannot actually reach then penetrate the surface you are wanting to disinfect, then it will not be as effective as it could
be. My only other possible precaution with Vital Oxide would be if you are going to use it on fabric, always test and area for color fastness. Vital
Oxide is not like bleach, but doesn't mean that some chemical treatment or dye in upholstered furniture couldn't possibly react and cause a slight change in
In all, there is really no big drawback to Vital Oxide. It's more effective, safer and overall, better for your health and the environment than nearly
every other cleaner or sanitizer on the market. It's one of only a few cleaners that actually sanitizes, deep cleans, kills mold, removes mildew and reduces odors
and allergens in a convenient and safe manner. Vital Oxide offers the healthy kind of clean not found in hardly any other household "cleaners."