Whirlpool Whispure AP450 Air Purifier
The Whirlpool Whispure 450 has a True HEPA air filter to capture allergens and other airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns. It will effectively clean the air in a room up 490 sq. ft., removing the dander, pollen, mold spores, and dust mite allergen that causes problems for people with allergies, asthma, and COPD. As a middling model, the AP45030K has sat atop the consumer product testing rankings for consecutive years.
The Whispure series filters are quiet and energy efficient. With three fan speeds to suit your needs, these economical units are a good solution for bedrooms, dens, and other medium sized rooms. An additional carbon prefilter traps large particles, keeping the HEPA filter clear, while the embedded activated carbon adsorbs nuisance level smoke and odors. A Whirlpool Whispure 450 will turn your room into a clean air getaway.
- 3 Fan Speeds
- Rotary dial fan speed control
- True HEPA Filtration.
- Two Filters: Charcoal pre-filter and true HEPA filter
- Replacement indicator light for each filter
- Built-in Handle
- Manufacturer's 5-Year Limited Warranty
- Energy Star qualified
- Energy usage on High setting: 115 Watts
- This is really a great unit!
- I am very pleased with this unit, it is quiet in the bedroom and also seems to keep the air cool next to the bed as the fan blows upwards. I'm not waking up stuffy like I was before buying this. We have two Chinese Crested dogs that sleep on our bed and they also like to play on the bed when we aren't looking. I know they bring in pollens from outside so this really helps. The dust seems to be better in the room as I am not dusting as often. Was happy enough with the unit that I have since bought the bigger version of it too for the living room. Love them! Just wish the filters didn't cost so much to replace. That would be my only complaint.
- Works Great
- Bought the Whirlpool AP45030K HEPA room air filter based on a consumer report review rated the best of those tested, and Achoo Allergy had the best price that I could find by far. Have the item operating for about a month now and it seems to work, quiet, no problems. I am NOT an allergy sufferer, so can't say if it would help those afflicted, but I don't see why not. Chose the manual knob fan speed selection over the solid-state, fewer things to go wrong electronically and I don't require "turbo mode" no turbo on this model!. Just plug in and turn knob, simple. Came with filters already in place carbon pre-filter and HEPA filter. Future filter replacement looks to be simple as well. Delivery was FAST, and free from Achoo Allergy. Happy customer!
- good product
- The air purifier is what I expected and the price was great. Very prompt service from Achoo allergy.
- Works great
- Whisper quiet and runs efficiently
Write Your Own Review
Whirlpool Whispure 450 Air Purifier:
Finding the right air purifier can be a bit of a balancing act. With a lot of options out there, weighing the filtration, cost, ease of use, brand reputation, and what others are saying about the product can all muddle together. With the Whirlpool Whispure AP450 air purifier, we'll try to keep it simple. Sitting in the middle of the Whispure HEPA air purifier line, the AP450 retains all of the features that make the AP250 popular for small to medium size rooms, while upping the coverage area to fit most bedroom or living rooms. Easy to maintain and reasonably priced, the Whirlpool 450 HEPA air purifier has consistently ranked at or near the top of the leading consumer products agency's annual air purifier rankings. Why the love? A closer look at the AP450 tells us all we need to know.
What I like about the Whirlpool Whispure 450 Air Purifier:
- Highest of all air purifiers in its class
- Easy to use, just plug it in and turn it on
- 3 fan speeds to control the noise level
- Filter change indicator light
- True HEPA Filtration
- Manufacturer's 5-Year Limited Warranty
What I didn't like about the Whirlpool Whispure 450 Air Purifier:
- Frequent filter changes: pre-filter, once every 3 months.
- Doesn't remove some strong odors
Overall, the HEPA filtration is ideal for those with allergies, asthma, or COPD. It effectively targets dust, pollen, and other airborne particles that can aggravate these conditions. While the carbon/charcoal prefilter isn't near as robust as models that feature thick beds of granulated carbon, it does a better than average job in removing odor (provided you keep up with the regular filter changes). The Whispure AP450 is very easy to use, and there are no tools required for filter changes. On the lowest setting the noise level is typically fine for most, and the Energy Star rating means you won't see much of a change in your monthly power bill. Highly rated and easy to use, the Whirlpool Whispure AP450 HEPA air purifier is a cost effective way to clean up your indoor air and breathe easier, all without breaking the bank.
Whirlpool Whispure AP450 Air Purifier Specifications
|Recommended for:||Allergy & Asthma sufferers who need a quiet, efficient particle filtration|
|Maximum Room Size
6 air changes per hour
|490 sq. ft.|
|Carbon Filter:||Charcoal pre-filter|
|Average Filter Life:||HEPA - 1 Year, Charcoal pre-filter - 3 Months|
|Installation / Expansion Options:
||Easily place up against a wall|
|Interface Control Type:||Rotary Dial Controls, Filter indicator light|
|Speeds / Settings:||3|
|Dimensions:||25.6"H x 19"W x 13.4"D|
|Shipping Weight:||25.8 lbs.|
|Noise Level:||Guaranteed Quiet Operation|
|Power Consumption:||115 Watts|
|Wheels / Casters:||No|
|CADR:||328 - Dust; 315 - Smoke; 354 - Pollen|
|Warranty:||5-Year Limited Warranty|
|Approvals:||EnergyStar, AHAM Certified|
|Filter Change Indicator:||Yes|
|+'s:||True HEPA, 5-Year Warranty|
|-'s:||No casters, average smoke/odor filtration|