Vornado PCO500 Silverscreen Enhanced HEPA Air Purifier
The Vornado® PCO500 Enhanced HEPA Air Purifier destroys what HEPA alone can’t capture by combining certified True HEPA filtration with an advanced carbon filter and Vornado's patented, UV-activated Silverscreen™ media to remove or destroy a broad spectrum of allergens, bacteria, viruses, smoke, odors, gases, and VOCs. Vornado®'s PCO500 Silverscreen™ combines titanium dioxide with UV light to terminate airborne allergens, harmful gases, viruses and bacteria.
PCO500 Silverscreen™ features advanced sensors to monitor dust and odor levels and adjust fan speed accordingly, touch-sensitive controls, low or no light-activated Sleep Mode, turbo Quick Clean fan speed, and more, providing you with the healthiest air from Vornado. Ideal for any room up to 265 sq. ft.
Vornado PCO500 Silverscreen Enhanced HEPA Air Purifier - A Closer Look
- Whole Room Air Purification - up to 265 Sq. Ft.
- Silverscreen™ Photocatalytic Oxidation with UV Attack and Destroy Airborne Contaminants
- 2 True HEPA Filters Capture 99.97% of Airborne Particles
- 2 Advanced Carbon Pre-Filters Capture Odors
- 4 Airflow Settings with Control Lock Option
- Automatic Dust and Odor Sensing Modes
- Filter Replacement Notifications
Instructions ‒ Vornado® PCO500 Silverscreen™ Enhanced True HEPA Air Purifier
Please see Owner's Manual tab for the owner's guide on the PCO500, including full instructions on changing the filters, UV Bulb and Silverscreen™ Trays. For best results, locate unit at least 6 inches (15.24 cm) away from any wall or furniture.
General on Cleaning Permanent Pre-Filter:
- Regular maintenance helps to ensure your air purifier continues performing at its best. Keep the area surrounding the air purifier clean. Also, periodically wipe down the exterior of the unit with a soft, damp cloth, and be sure to vacuum any dust buildup on the exterior or interior of the unit, especially on the air intake grilles located on each side.
- The large permanent pre-filter is the first filter you see when you remove the unit's front panel. Its job is to capture large particles, thus preserving the life of the HEPA and Advanced Carbon filters. Periodically inspect the permanent pre-filter, and rinse with clean water or vacuum using your vacuum's brush attachment to keep the machine performing well and to save on filter replacements.
Replacement Parts and Frequency:
The PCO500 comes equipped with four (4) indicator lights that alert you when it's time to replace the filters, UV bulb, and Silverscreen™ trays. Indicators will light based on actual time of use, and assume the following normal usage, running 24/7.
- HEPA Filters (2 required ‐ Vornado Part # MD1-0022) ‒ indicator illuminates after 9,000 hours of run time (about once per year).
- Advanced Carbon Filters (2 required ‐ Vornado Part # MD1-0027) ‒ indicator illuminates after 9,000 hours of run time (about once per year).
- UV Bulb Tray (one required ‐ Vornado Part # MD1-0026) ‒ indicator illuminates after 9,000 hours of run time (about once per year).
Note: To ensure the effectiveness of the UV spectrum, the UV Bulb Tray should be replaced according to the unit's alert notification even if the bulb is still functioning.
- Silverscreen™ Trays (2 required ‐ Vornado Part # MD1-0024 [2-Pack]) ‒ indicator illuminates after 45,000 hours of run time (about once every 5 years).
Please remember that service life is related to the volume of air that passes through the air purifier and the amount of contaminants in the air. If your indoor air has an unusually high level of airborne particulates, smoke or gaseous contaminants, service life may be shortened, and likewise may be lengthened when air pollutants are typically lower.
All genuine Vornado replacement parts for the PCO500 are available through ACHOO Allergy.
Write Your Own Review
Vornado PCO500 Silverscreen Enhanced HEPA Air Purifier Specifications
|Provides Relief From:||Asthma, Bacteria & Germs, Dust Allergies, Dust Mites, Fragrances & Odors, Mold & Mildew, Pet Dander, Pollen|
|Room Size:||up to 265 sq. ft. (approx. 15' x 18')|
|Recommended For:||Allergies, asthma, smoke, odors, gases, some VOCs, viruses, bacteria, overall air quality|
|Best Fit:||Recommended for those with more serious allergies, asthma, COPD or other respiratory or health issue, or anyone wanting cleanest air|
|True HEPA Filtration:||Yes|
|Particle Filtration Efficiency:||
Particles - 99.97% to 0.3 microns
Bacteria, Viruses, VOCs, Gases - to 0.001 microns
|Particle Removal:||Dust, dust mite allergen, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, bacteria, viruses|
|Gas and Odor Removal:||Smoke, fumes, chemical vapors, household odors|
|Unique Features / Benefits:||
Tested & verified to perform at True HEPA standard
Silverscreen™ + UV kill germs and enhance odor reduction
Particle and/or Odor detection with auto fan speed adjust
Long-life filters & replacement alerts
Fourth Quick Clean fan speed
|CADR: Dust rating:||178|
|CADR: Pollen rating:||194|
|CADR: Smoke rating:||172|
|ACH (air changes per hour):||ACH per room size:
4.3 ACH - 324 sq. ft.
5.4 ACH - 256 sq. ft.
6.9 ACH - 196 sq. ft.
9.4 ACH - 144 sq. ft.
13.6 ACH - 100 sq. ft.
|Airflow (cubic feet per minute):||78-184 cfm|
2 Permanent pre-filters
2 True HEPA filters
2 Advanced Carbon pre-filters
Silverscreen™ media with UV light-activated Titanium Oxide
|Number of Filters to Replace:||
4 (2 HEPA & 2 Carbon filters)
2 Silverscreen™ Trays
|Replace HEPA Filter:||Every year (continuous use)|
|Replace Pre-Filter:||Every year (continuous use)|
|Replace Other Filters:||When used continuously:
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||24" H x 15.47 " W x 11.74" D|
|Product Weight:||19.55 lbs|
|Noise Level - (min-max decibels):||
Low 46 dB(A)
Med 55 dB(A)
High 60 dB(A)
Turbo 64 dB(A)
|Controls:||Touch-Sensitive Controls with LED display|
|Number of Fan Speeds:||4|
|Programmable Cycles or Timer:||No|
|Sleep Mode||Yes - Light activated|
|Auto Fan Mode (auto adjusts based on air quality):||Yes - in conjunction with Particle and Odor Sensing modes|
|Particle, Gas or VOC Detector:||Particle and/or Gas/Odor Sensing Modes|
|Filter Status Indicator:||Yes - 4 LEDs (Carbon Filter, HEPA Filter, UV Bulb, Silverscreen™ Trays) - located on top of unit|
|Filter Reset function:||Yes|
Particle Sensing Mode
Odor Sensing Mode
Control Lock - saves settings
Auto light dimming of controls - press any button to re-illuminate
Safety shut-off when door ajar
|Casters or Handles:||Yes - handle at rear-top|
|Air Inlet:||Side grilles|
|Fan / Motor Assembly:||4-speed, PSC, Class A motor 700-1600 RPM|
|Energy Consumption (watts):||
|Power Plug||6-foot power cord, 2-prong polarized plug|
|Amperage||0.6 - 1.0 Amp|
|AHAM-certified CADR:||No - CADRs tested independently per ANSI/AHAM AC-1|
|Approvals / Other Certifications:||ETL listed. California ARB certified.|
|Manufacturer's Warranty:||5-Year Limited|