Royal-Pedic All-Cotton Mattresses & SetsDon't you deserve a bed fit for a king? Made with only the finest natural cotton, Royal-Pedic cotton mattresses feature a variety of natural fibers including natural latex, wool and cotton. This family of custom mattresses also feature the Royal-Flex innerspring system which contains 85% more coils than standard mattresses. The coils provide more flexibility which makes the mattresses sensitive to body contours and provides better support. With a range of style, materials, and support options, there is a Royal-Pedic cotton mattress to keep you sleeping more soundly and feeling better.
- Royal-Pedic All Cotton Mattress - 8.5" to 9" thick
- Royal-Pedic Firmness Rating of 1--most firm.
- Premium Natural Cotton Padding - You'll find no polyurethane foam in a Royal-Pedic mattress. Over time, polyurethane weakens, causing indentations in the mattress. Furthermore, many people are sensitive to the chemicals associated with polyurethane padding.
- Skilled craftsmen make each Royal-Pedic cotton mattress by hand, layering the staple cotton padding on each side of the innerspring unit to ensure a consistent, supportive sleep surface. The premium natural, cotton batting comes from California and Texas, and it's pre-compressed and hand-tufted. You'll never have to worry about lumps or shifting materials with a Royal-Pedic cotton mattress.
- Royal-Flex Innerspring System Engineered in Switzerland, the Royal-Flex Innerspring unit is the finest on the market, featuring 85% more coils than standard mattresses. The extra thick, open-ended, unknotted coils provide greater flexibility and support with minimum friction. The innerspring unit is double heat tempered, which means that the coils are baked in an oven, cooled, and then baked again. This makes the coils extremely durable and resistant to sagging.
- Royal-Pedic box springs have brass corner guards instead of the plastic ones that break off easily, and the underside is covered with heavy-duty cotton fabric, as opposed to the thin synthetic sheet that droops and frays. The wide slat wood frame provides durability and support expected at a five-star hotel, and t-spring side supports reinforce the sides of the mattress for edge to edge comfort.
- Natural latex, produced by rubber trees in Indonesia and Malaysia, is certified healthy and ecologically friendly by the EuroLatex standard. The latex is not only naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic, but it is also a natural dust mite repellant! It provides motionless comfort for an undisturbed sleep, retains its firmness, and offers independent support for two sleepers. The supple latex soothes and relaxes muscles while providing proper support for the body.
- 100% untreated New Zealand lamb's wool acts as a natural barrier to dust mites, thanks to a substance in wool known as lanolin. The wool is also naturally flame resistant, hypoallergenic, and free of chemicals, bleaches, and dyes. Its ability to absorb body moisture provides a dry sleeping environment and helps prevent the build-up of bacteria and mold. Best of all, the wool is warm in the winter and cool in the summer for a comfortable feel throughout the year.
- Hand-Tufted for Orthopedic Back Support - these days, most mattresses are not tufted at all, let alone hand-tufted. Royal-Pedic cotton mattresses are hand-tufted the old-fashioned way, using European tufting straps to compress the cotton so that it provides maximum orthopedic back support. Royal-Pedic craftsmen do not use buttons for tufting because buttons often turn on their side, creating an uncomfortable sleep surface.
- Sleeping on a Cloud!
I had the pleasure of testing out this mattress at the Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur, California. The mattress is simply the most comfortable I have ever slept on. I ordered it as they have it at the inn with the 5" mattress pad topper (its a separate item in addition to the mattress). Although the set is quite expensive, I ordered it without the box spring and spent the savings on a new platform bed (that does not require a box spring). I highly recommend this bed. The support and softness work well for both back sleepers and side sleepers. I doubt there is a finer mattress on the market.