Vornado Evap2 Evaporative Vortex Humidifier
The Vornado® Evap2 Whole Room Evaporative Vortex Humidifier is an effective way to create a comfortable, evenly humidified space. Deep pitched fan blades on the Evap2 humidifier pull large amounts of dry air through the humidifier, and then circulate humidified air throughout the room using Vornado's signature Vortex Action, providing complete and balanced humidification, while helping to maintain an even room temperature.
Easy to use, the Evap2 push button controls allow you to choose your humidity level or select continuous output or fan only operation (fan only, without humidity). The Evap2's built-in humidistat automatically regulates humidity output when not in continuous or fan only mode. Choose from 3 fan speeds - High, Low or Auto. When set to the Auto setting, the fan will intelligently fluctuate up or down to maintain the set humidity level. 1-gallon capacity tank. 2-gallon output every 24 hours. Humidifies up to 600 sq. ft. 5-Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
Vornado Evap2 Evaporative Vortex Humidifier - A Closer Look
- Whole Room Humidification - up to 600 sq. ft.
- Vortex Assisted Humidity Distribution
- Evaporative Humidification
- Automatic Humidity Control (or Continuous output or Fan Only mode)
- Push Button Controls with LED Indicators
- 3 Fan Speeds, including Auto
- 1 Gallon Tank
- 1 MD1-0002 Evaporative Wick Filter included
Write Your Own Review
Vornado Evap2 Evaporative Vortex Humidifier Specifications
|Vornado Item Number:||HU1-0029-06|
|Humidifying Mode:||Cool Mist|
|Mist Delivery Method:||Vortex Action propels mist in a corkscrew-type beam for even humidification throughout entire room|
|Mist Outlet location:||Top of unit|
|Recommended for:||Whole Room humidification|
|Coverage:||up to 600 sq. ft.|
|Tank Capacity:||1 gallon|
|Output per Day:||2 gallons (+/‒ 10%) ¹|
|Number of Fan Speed Settings:||3 (Low, High, Auto ²)|
|RPM:||Low Speed ‒ 1300 RPM
High Speed ‒ 2250 RPM
|Humidity Settings: ³||40%‒60% (in 5% increments) or Continuous operation|
|Humidistat:||Provides automatic humidity control to attain/maintain selected humidity level when unit not set to Continuous (CONT) or Fan Only operation.|
|Evaporative Filtration:||1 Vornado Evaporative Filter included (part # MD1-0002)|
|Controls:||Electronic, pushbutton with LED indicators (top-mounted control panel)|
|3 Push Button Controls:||For quick and easy selection:
‐ Power Button / Fan Speed and Output (High, Low, Auto ²)
‐ Humidity ³ (set desired humidity level or select CONT for continuous operation)
‐ Fan Only³ (for fan-only operation with no humidity output)
|LED indicators:||Each illuminates to confirm your current settings:
‐ Power ON / Fan Speed settings (3)
‐ Humidity settings (6)
‐ Fan Only setting(1)
|Dimensions:||14.10" H x 9.5" W x 8.75" D|
|Color:||Black with Cobalt Blue tank|
|Power Supply:||110‐120V AC, 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption:||40 Watts|
|Power Plug type:||2-prong, polarized|
|¹||Based on 24 hours of continuous operation, running on High Speed. Assumes room conditions of 70°F at 30% relative humidity.|
|²||When fan speed is set to AUTO, the unit's fan and transducer will intelligently adjust up or down to maintain the set humidity level.|
If you manually set the desired humidity level (40%‐60%), the unit will operate until the desired humidity level is reached, when the fan (and the fan speed LED indicator) will turn OFF, and the humidity level indicator light will remain ON.
If you select CONT humidity, the unit will run continuously for maximum humidity output.
If you select FAN ONLY, the fan will operate at a higher speed, but with no humidity output.
Vornado Evap2 Evaporative Vortex Humidifier Additional Resources
Please see the Owner's Manual for full use and care instructions of the Vornado® Evaporative Humidifier.
Please see the Owner's Manual for full use and care instructions of the Vornado® Evap2 humidifier.
Power-On Default Settings:
- The unit will default to High Fan Speed and Continuous Humidity when powered ON. LED indicators will illuminate these default settings.
- Once powered ON, you can change settings to suit your preferences.
Please read and follow all of the manufacturer's instructions before using, cleaning or storing this humidifier. Here are some highlights:
- Place unit on a firm, level, flat surface.
- Position unit to not blow directly on objects or plants.
- Do not place the unit near a heat source, such as a stove, heater or radiator.
- Unplug the unit before filling or cleaning.
- Use care to avoid spills when filling, moving or cleaning the water tank.
- Do not pour water through the top Outlet Air Grill onto the Power Head.
- Do not put anything into the water tank except cool, clean water.
- To prevent the growth of microorganisms in the tank:
- Turn the humidifier off if the relative humidity exceeds 60% (the manufacturer recommends the use of a hygrometer [humidity monitor] to gauge accurate relative humidity levels in the room).
- Do not leave water in the tank if the unit will be turned off for more than 8 hours.
- Do not leave water in the tank when storing.
- Do clean and disinfect the water tank periodically following the manufacturer's instructions.
- For daily maintenance, use only water and mild detergent.
- Do not submerse the base of the unit in water or pour water onto the unit.
Note: If you live in a hard water area or if the water used in this humidifier has been treated by a de-calcification system, the manufacturer recommends using distilled water instead of tap water. Use of hard or de-calcified tap water can produce a fine white dust that can settle on objects. Distilled water can help eliminate or limit the amount of white dust.
The Vornado Evap2 humidifier comes equipped with 1 Vornado® Evaporative Wick Filter. This filter may collect minerals and other impurities, and will require replacement over time. Various factors can influence the frequency of replacement, including amount of use, water quality and hardness, and other factors. For your convenience, here are Vornado's approximate replacement guidelines:
- Once a month – recommended for heavy or continuous use
- Once every 2 months – recommended for lighter or intermittent use
- Earlier than above – if filters become hard or no longer effectively filter water
Note: To ensure the performance of your humidifier (and the quality and life of the filter), replace only with a genuine Vornado® Evaporative Filter – part # MD1-0002 (comes in an economical 2-pack, sold separately).