Vornado Ultra3 Ultrasonic Vortex Humidifier
The ultra-quiet Ultra3 Vornado® Ultrasonic Vortex Humidifier is an effective way to create a comfortable and balanced humidified space. Using deep pitched blades, the Vornado Ultra3 cool humidifier pulls large amounts of dry air through the humidifying unit, it then circulates humidified air back throughout the room using Vortex Action, providing complete and balanced humidification. Ultra3 uses Ultrasonic technology to turn the water into a fine mist before it is dispersed.
Vornado® Ultra3's accessible push button controls allow you to choose your humidity level or select continuous operation. This cool humidifier unit features a built-in humidistat that automatically regulates humidity output when not in continuous mode and includes three fan speeds - High, Low or Auto. In the Auto setting, the fan will fluctuate up or down to maintain the set humidity level. 1-gallon capacity tank. 2-gallon output every 24 hours. Humidifies spaces up to 600 sq. ft. 5-Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
Vornado Ultra3 Ultrasonic Vortex Humidifier - A Closer Look
- Whole Room Humidification ‒ up to 600 sq. ft.
- Ultrasonic Technology Creates a Soothing Mist
- Vortex Assisted Humidity Output
- Automatic Humidity Control or Continuous Output
- High Capacity 1-Gallon Tank
- Push Button Controls with LED Indicators
- 3 Fan Speeds, including automatic
- Mineral Cartridge included
Write Your Own Review
Vornado Ultra3 Ultrasonic Vortex Humidifier Specifications
|Vornado Item Number:||HU1-0031-06|
|Humidifying Mode:||Cool Ultrasonic Mist|
|Mist Delivery Method:||Vortex Action propels mist in a corkscrew-type beam for even humidification throughout entire room|
|Mist Outlet location:||Top of unit|
|Recommended for:||Whole Room humidification|
|Coverage:||up to 600 sq. ft.|
|Tank Capacity:||1 gallon|
|Output per Day:||2 gallons (+/‒ 10%) ¹|
|Number of Fan Speed Settings:||3 (Low, High, Auto ²)|
|RPM:||High Speed ‒ 2160 RPM|
|Humidity Settings: ³||40%‒60% (in 5% increments) or Continuous (CONT) operation|
|Humidistat:||Provides automatic humidity control to attain/maintain selected humidity level when unit not set to Continuous operation|
|Mineral Cartridge (1 included):||Removes minerals from water, reducing mineral buildup on transducer (part # MD1-0021)|
|Controls:||Electronic, pushbutton with LED indicators (located at top of unit)|
|3 Push Button Controls:||For quick and easy selection:
‐ Power (turns unit ON / OFF)
‐ Humidity ² (set desired humidity level or select CONT for continuous operation)
‐ Fan Speed and Output (High, Low, Auto ²)
|LED indicators:||Each illuminates to confirm your current settings:
‐ Power ON
‐ Fan Speed settings (3)
‐ Humidity settings (6)
|Dimensions:||15.83" H x 9.0" W x 9.73" D|
|Color:||Black with Cobalt Blue water tank|
|Power Supply:||110‐120V AC, 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption:||46 Watts|
|Power Cord length:||6 feet|
|Power Plug type:||2-prong, polarized|
|¹||Based on 24 hours of continuous operation, running on High Speed. Assumes room conditions of 70°F at 30% relative humidity.|
|²||When fan speed is set to AUTO, the unit's fan and transducer will intelligently adjust up or down to maintain the set humidity level.|
|³||If you manually set the desired humidity level (40%‐60%), the unit will operate until the desired humidity level is reached, when the Mist Output will turn OFF, and the humidity level indicator light will remain ON.
If you select CONT humidity, the unit will run continuously for maximum humidity output.
Vornado Ultra3 Ultrasonic Vortex Humidifier Additional Resources
Please see the Owner's Manual for full use and care instructions of the Vornado® Ultra3 humidifier.
Power-On Default Settings:
- The unit will default to High Output and Continuous Humidity when powered ON. LED indicators will display these default settings.
- Once powered ON, you can change settings to suit your preferences.
Please read and follow all of the manufacturer's instructions before using, cleaning or storing this humidifier. Here are some highlights:
- Place unit on a firm, level, flat surface.
- Position unit to not blow directly on objects or plants.
- Do not place the unit near a heat source, such as a stove, heater or radiator.
- Do not run the unit without the Mist Outlet in place. The Mist Outlet can be removed for cleaning.
- Unplug the unit before filling or cleaning.
- Do not touch the water in the base, as temperature can reach 92°F.
- Use care to avoid spills when filling, moving or cleaning the water tank.
- Do not pour water through the top Outlet Air Grill onto the Power Head.
- Do not put anything into the water tank except cool, clean water.
- To prevent the growth of microorganisms in the tank:
- Turn the humidifier off if the relative humidity exceeds 60% (the manufacturer recommends the use of a hygrometer [humidity monitor] to gauge accurate relative humidity levels in the room).
- Do not leave water in the tank if the unit will be turned off for more than 12 hours.
- Do not leave water in the tank when storing.
- Do clean and disinfect the water tank periodically following the manufacturer's instructions.
- For daily maintenance, use only water and mild detergent.
- Do not submerse the base of the unit in water or pour water onto the unit.
Do NOT add any additives to the water (such as water conditioners or aroma fragrances), as these can affect the performance of the transducer and/or damage the plastic water tank. Using such additives will void the Manufacturer's Warranty.
The Vornado® Ultra3 humidifier comes equipped with one (1) Vornado® Mineral Cartridge. The cartridge removes minerals from the water, reducing harmful mineral buildup on the unit's ultrasonic transducer.
Note: To ensure the performance of your humidifier, replace the mineral cartridge using only a genuine Vornado® Mineral Cartridge – part # MD1-0018 (sold separately).
- Initial Use:
- Soak cartridge in a water bath for 24 hours prior to initial use – the cartridge must absorb water to reach maximum performance.
- Refer to the Owner's Guide for installation and further instructions.
Note: It may take the humidifier a few minutes to create mist with the initial use of a new Mineral Cartridge.
Mineral Cartridge Replacement:
- The Mineral Cartridge collects minerals and other impurities, and will require replacement over time. Various factors can influence the frequency of replacement, including amount of use, water quality and hardness, and other factors.
- The control panel on the humidifier will display Replace Mineral Cartridge after 800 hours of operation. To reset the notification, simply press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
- Vornado has also provided the following approximate replacement guidelines:
- Once a month – recommended for heavy or continuous use.
- Once every 2 months – recommended for lighter or intermittent use.
- Earlier than above – if white powder residue settles around the unit.
- When storing the humidifier, remove and discard the Mineral Cartridge.
Note: If you live in a hard water area or if the water used in this humidifier has been treated by a decalcification system, the manufacturer recommends using distilled water instead of tap water. Use of hard or de-calcified tap water can produce a fine white dust that can settle on objects. Distilled water can help eliminate or limit the amount of white dust.