Miele S163 Universal Stick Upright Vacuum
Best for apartments and lofts, the Miele S163 Universal Upright stick vacuum cleaner works well on low pile carpets, rugs, and all types of smooth floor surfaces. While the charged Super Air Clean Filter captures far more allergens than the average vacuum cleaner, the optional HEPA filter transforms the Miele S163 into a HEPA air purifier on a stick. Miele vacuum cleaners not only clean your floors, but they also clean the air you breathe.
- The Super Air Clean Filter is charged to retain microscopic particles. It traps 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 microns and 94% of particles down to 0.3 microns. The Active HEPA filter is optional and removes 99.97% of all particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The vacuum may be small, but the powerful 1000 Watt motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use. (Use 45 minutes per week at full power)
- Versatile & easily configurable; with the simple press of a clip, you can move the suction tube below the canister to clean under furniture.
- Speed Control allows you to choose between two power levels.
- Impressive 25 ft. operating radius.
- Durable ABS plastic body that is scratch resistant.
- Intensive Clean dust bag with a 2.6 quart capacity.
- The layer of impact foil in the bag prevents sharp objects from penetrating the bag, and the dust bag closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Quiet Operation - Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight & easy to maneuver at only 9.3 pounds.
- Comes with the universal SBD 245 Combination Rug / Smooth Floor Tool for smooth flooring and low pile carpeting.
- Go from smooth floors to carpet with the quick click of a rocker switch.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and 1 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele S163 Universal Stick Upright Vacuum - A Closer Look
|Combination Rug & Floor Tool
This versatile straight suction, multi-surface floor tool adapts from smooth floors to carpeted surfaces with a simple click of a rocker switch.
It is recommended for cleaning low or medium carpeting, regardless of type or density as well as all smooth surfaces.
Additional Included Accessories
|Air Clean Filter
The Super Air Clean filter is designed for normal use and is made of multi-ply material which is electrostatically charged to retain dust particles. It retains 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and 94% of particles down to 0.3 of a micron. This filter lasts as long as 4 dustbags and is included free of charge from Miele with each box of Miele certified dust bags.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Universal Upright S163 Vacuum Cleaners
The S163 Universal Upright vacuum cleaner is part of Miele's S160 series. This black stick vacuum from Miele has a sealed system body with a floor tool attachment. The durable ABS plastic body prevents dust and other allergens from escaping into the air. For a stick vacuum, the S163 has an impressive 25 ft. operating radius.
What I like about the Miele S163
The vacuum works well on low pile carpeting and smooth floor surfaces. With the SBD-245 combination floor tool, you can switch from carpet to smooth flooring with a flip of a switch. The metal glide bottom is gentle on the most sensitive flooring. The wide thread lifters help collect dirt and dust. You can improve the stick by purchasing an air driven Turbobrush to boost the vacuum's cleaning ability.
The most notable quality of this vacuum is its versatility. At only 9.3 pounds, the vacuum is lightweight and maneuverable. You can operate the S163 as an upright vacuum, or you can remove the wand and operate it as a hand-held vacuum to clean steps or under furniture.
In addition to these features, the S163 Universal Upright comes with a Super Air Clean filter, the upholstery tool, the crevice tool, wand attachment caddy, cord rewind system, two Intensive Clean dust bags with a flap for dust-free removal, two separate speed controls, and a 1,000-Watt motor.
What I do not like about the Miele S163
There are three minor drawbacks of the S163. The vacuum does not come standard with an Active HEPA filter. The filter is an optional upgrade. Secondly, the S163 Universal Upright does not come with the socket for the Powerbrush upgrade. Lastly, you do not have much speed control--there are two options maximum and minimum.
In summary, the S163 Universal Upright vacuum cleaner is a a great vacuum for a student in a dorm room or anyone living in a small apartment or loft space.
Miele S163 Universal Stick Upright Vacuum Specifications
|Best for:||Smooth floors and low pile carpets|
|Vacuum type:||Universal upright stick|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1000 Watt motor|
|Operating Radius:||25 ft.|
|Bag capacity:||2.6 quart Intensive Clean Plus dust bags|
|HEPA Filter:||No, but it may be purchased separately|
|Included Floor Tools:||Combination rug and smooth floor tool|
|Direct Connect for Power Brush:||No|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator Light:
|Filter Change Indicator Light:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||No|
|Safety Shut-off :||No|
|Dimensions:||50" H x 6" W x 6" L|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor - 1 years on parts and labor|