Miele S4212 Neptune Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Lightweight and cost-efficient, the Miele Neptune vacuum cleaner has a powerful motor and is made for use on either carpets or smooth floors. While the electrostatically charged Super Air Clean Filter captures far more allergens than the average vacuum cleaner, the optional HEPA filter transforms the Miele Neptune into a HEPA air purifier on wheels. Miele vacuum cleaners not only clean your floors, but they also clean the air you breathe. The Miele Neptune offers the same features and price as its sister model, the Antares, with the bright turquoise color being the only significant difference.
- The Super Air Clean Filter is charged to retain microscopic particles. It traps 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 microns and 94% of particles down to 0.3 microns. The Active HEPA filter is optional and removes 99.97% of all particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use.*
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Rotary Dial Suction Control lets you choose from six power levels.
- Impressive 33 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- Wand parks on front or side of canister for easy storage & transport.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the independent, rubber, 360 swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- AirClean, style FJM, dust bag with a 3.7 quart capacity.
- Constructed of 9 durable layers to prevent sharp objects from penetrating the bag, the AirClean dust bag is spring-loaded, so it closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Quiet Operation - Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight at only 10.5 pounds, making it easy to use.
- Stainless Steel Telescopic Wand extends to 41 inches.
- Comes with the lightweight STB 205-3 Turbobrush for cleaning low to medium pile carpets plus the Parquet Floor Brush (Twister) for tiled and wood floors.
- On-board tools include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains. Each fits neatly into a VarioClip that attaches to the wand.
- 7-Year Warranty on the motor and 1-Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele S4212 Neptune Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
| STB 205-3 Turbobrush
Lightweight carpet tool is driven by air movement of vacuum cleaner. Its 11" wide brush roll, floating head design and 360 swivel neck provide excellent maneuverability.
Gentle cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap of low- to medium-height pile carpets with lighter densities.
| SBB 300-3 Parquet Floor Tool (Twister)
A mixture of polyamide and natural hair ensures a gentle cushion for this floor brush which makes sure that tile, wood and other smooth surfaces are cleaned thoroughly with extreme care. It has a 90 rotation and is exceptionally agile at cleaning around obstacles such as table legs and in tight places.
A required component for the use of all Miele canisters. Versions vary depending on canister style used. Miele hoses all are crush-proof and regardless of the abuse, will always retain their original shape.
| Additional Accessories
The Galaxy series comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. The three fit neatly into the newly designed VarioClip, on the hose of the Neptune.
| AirClean Dustbags
The new AirClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
| Super Air Clean Filter
The Super Air Clean filter is designed for normal use and is made of multi-ply material which is charged to retain dust particles. It retains 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and 94% of particles down to 0.3 of a micron. This filter lasts as long as 5 dust bags and is included free of charge from Miele with each box of Miele certified dust bags.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Neptune S4212 Vacuum Cleaner
Like its sister model, the Miele Antares, the Miele Neptune is an entry level canister vacuum that, despite its small size, performs to a level that many of the traditional brands cannot touch. Compact and light, this vacuum rolls easily over most surfaces and can get to those hard to reach places where dust bunnies like to hide, like under the bed. The Neptune's simple yet effective design makes it ideal for almost any home. After trying this vacuum out on several different surfaces, cleaning a variety of messes, this is what I found:
What I like about the Miele Neptune
The suction of the Neptune, coupled with the turbobrush, makes it ideal for low to medium pile carpet. The turbobrush makes picking up hard-to-extract fibers like pet hair easy, and the Parquet Floor Brush (Twister) is a standard but effective tool for smooth surfaces, i.e. tile, granite, hardwoods. Whether dirt, pet hair, or whatever it may be, the Neptune was able to lift it all from the dirty surfaces.
Though the entire suction system of the Neptune is a sealed system, the self sealing bags are a definite plus. The new AirClean design with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar makes changing these bags easier and more hygienic than traditional style vacuum cleaner bags. The new bags are color coded to prevent confusion between the different styles and offer improved capacity and less suction loss (as bag fills) than the Intensive Clean style.
While the motor certainly packs enough punch to clean nearly any surface, it is much quieter than many of the other vacuums currently on the market. This, combined with its light weight and nimble mobility, makes vacuuming seem much less like a chore.
The cost is very reasonable. Compared some of the other canister vacuums on the market, the Neptune may seem expensive, but you literally get what you pay for. When you consider all the small conveniences (auto cord rewind, easy storage, wand park, self sealing bags) as well as its overall performance, the Neptune is an economical choice.
What I do not like about the Miele Neptune
Though built for it, a HEPA filter does not come standard with the Neptune. For those most concerned with allergies and removing allergens from their homes, purchasing the HEPA filter is an added expense with this model. In addition, because the HEPA filter is not standard, the Neptune lacks a filter change indicator light, a feature that is built into many of the other Miele models.
For those who have high pile carpet such as shag, you will find that while the Neptune will clean it, the task is not as easy as one would hope. For thicker carpets I would suggest a Capricorn, Earth or possibly the Callisto. The main idea is that while cleaning thicker or high pile carpet, you are better suited using a model that comes with a powerbrush.
Like the Antares, the Neptune is an excellent model for people with smooth surface floors or low to medium pile carpet. It would work well for those who do and do not own pets alike. I suggest opting for the HEPA particularly for those with allergies. But even if you don't order the HEPA filter initially, it can always be added at a later time.
Miele S4212 Neptune Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Smooth floors and carpets|
|Vacuum type:||Small canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||33 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary Dial on canister|
|Wand:||Stainless steel, Telescopic wand|
|Bag capacity:||3.7 quart AirClean dust bags|
|HEPA Filter:||No, but it may be purchased separately|
|Included Floor Tools:||Turbobrush for carpets & Parquet Floor Brush (Twister) for smooth floors|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator Light:
|Filter Change Indicator Light:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19" L x 9" W x 8"H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor - 1 year on parts and labor|