Miele S4212 Polaris Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Lightweight and cost-efficient, the Miele Polaris vacuum cleaner has a powerful motor and is made for use on either carpets or smooth floors. A patented, 9-ply dust bag and sealed system helps trap more allergens than traditional canister vacuums, and the optional HEPA filter transforms the Miele Polaris into a HEPA air purifier on wheels. Miele vacuum cleaners not only clean your floors, but they also clean the air you breathe!
- The Super Air Clean Filter is charged to retain microscopic particles. It traps 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 microns and 94% of particles down to 0.3 microns. The Active HEPA filter is optional and removes 99.97% of all particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use.*
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Suction Control lets you choose from six power levels.
- Impressive 33 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- Wand parks on front or side of canister for easy storage & transport .
- Durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture.
- Rubber 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- AirClean, style FJM, dust bag with a 3.7 quart capacity.
- Constructed of 9 durable layers to prevent sharp objects from penetrating the bag, the AirClean dust bag is spring-loaded, so it closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Quiet Operation - Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight at only 10.5 pounds, making it easy to use.
- Stainless Steel Telescope Wand two piece wand that extends to 41 inches.
- Comes with the Combination Carpet / Floor Tool .
- On-board tools include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains. Each fits neatly into a VarioClip that attaches to the wand.
- 7-Year Warranty on the motor and 1-Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele S4212 Polaris Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
| SBD 450-3 Combination Carpet/Smooth Floor Tool
This universal tool is ideal for all smooth flooring and very low pile carpeting. It allows you to go from smooth floors to carpeted surfaces with a quick click of a rocker switch.
A required component for the use of all Miele canisters. Versions vary depending on canister style used. Miele hoses all are crush-proof and regardless of the abuse, will always retain their original shape.
| Additional Accessories
The Galaxy series comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. The three fit neatly into the newly designed VarioClip, on the hose of the Neptune.
| AirClean Dustbags
The new AirClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
| Super Air Clean Filter
The Super Air Clean filter is designed for normal use and is made of multi-ply material which is charged to retain dust particles. It retains 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and 94% of particles down to 0.3 of a micron. This filter lasts as long as 5 dust bags and is included free of charge from Miele with each box of Miele certified dust bags.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Polaris S4212 Vacuum Cleaners
The S4212 Polaris is a part of Mieles S4 Galaxy series. The galaxy series of vacuums has been awarded a rating of excellent air quality by an independent institute that monitors air quality. This light blue vacuum from Miele is a straight suction vacuum cleaner that can be used on either low pile carpets or smooth floors. A rotary dial with small pictures on the canister provides easy suction control ranging from 200 to 1200 Watts. There is an electrostatic filter that will capture more allergens than your average vacuum cleaner. This Super Air Clean filter is made up a multi-ply material that is charged to retain dust particles. The filter lasts as long as 5 dust bags (approximately one year).
What I like about the Miele Polaris
One of the best attributes of the Miele canister vacuums is that changing the bag is simple and clean. You do not have to remove the bag in a way to avoid making another mess. The new AirClean bags are an improved design above the already excellent Intensive Clean model of other Miele canister vacuums. These bags feature 9 ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar to keep allergens and dirt trapped while changing the bags. The built in air flow guides within the bag maximize airflow and increase bag capacity up to 25%. An inner and outer netting also increases this bags tear-proof properties. Each series of bags also has color coded collars to help avoid confusion. For the FJM style bags usded in the Polaris, look for a red collar. All these features work to make the Miele Polaris one of the cleanest vacuum cleaners on the market today.
The Polaris comes with a universal floor tool for smooth flooring and low pile carpet. You can change surfaces very easily with a click of a switch. On the bottom of the floor tool, there are wide thread lifters that help collect dirt and dust.
The Polaris has a long cord that gives you a 33 foot cleaning radius from the outlet. If you need to change floors or rooms, the Polaris is portable and light. The floor tool fits onto the wand holder and you can pick the vacuum cleaner up with one hand. Your other hand is left free to hold onto railings, open doors, etc. The hose, wand, and floor tool are securely in place so you do not scratch walls.
What I do not like about the Miele Polaris
There are two limitations of the Polaris. The first drawback is that it does not come with standard HEPA filtration. The HEPA filtration is optional and has to be added to the purchase. Like most Miele vacuums, you are able to add upgrades depending on your needs.
Secondly, the Polaris has the most basic handle or wand in the Miele line. The wand is a stainless steel and does extend, but the handle lacks the comfort and convenience of the deluxe models.
In summary, the S4212 Polaris is an inexpensive, entry-level Miele canister vacuum. The Polaris operates very quietly, and it has an expected lifespan of twenty years. It has many of the benefits of the larger models with several options to upgrade at a later time. Though the Polaris does not come standard with a HEPA filter it is a great vacuum for first time Miele buyers.
Miele S4212 Polaris Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Smooth floors and carpets|
|Vacuum type:||Small canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||33 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary dial on canister|
|Wand:||Stainless steel, telescopic wand|
|Bag capacity:||3.7 quart AirClean dust bags|
|HEPA Filter:||No, but it may be purchased separately|
|Included Floor Tools:||Combination floor / carpet tool|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator Light:
|Filter Change Indicator Light:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19" L x 9" W x 8"H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor - 1 year on parts and labor|