Blueair 303 HEPA Air Purifier
The Blueair 303 is an economical, quiet, and attractive air purifier. The Blueair 303 air cleaner has a CADR making it the perfect allergy air purifier for any space up to 225 square feet. Best for use in bedrooms, offices, or other small to medium sized areas, the Blueair 303 air purifier is known for its impressive energy efficiency, quiet operation, and attractive design. This unit has the ability to capture pollen, pet dander, lint, mold spores, dust, and other airborne allergens and asthma inducing irritants.
- HEPASilent technology allows extremely quiet operation. The low-density filters clean large volumes of air more quietly than any other air purifier. On the lowest setting, Blueair air purifiers are about as quiet as the average desktop computer.
- Optional SmokeStop Filter reduces odors, smoke, fumes, and gases.
- Exclusive SurroundAir technology draws dirty air in from all sides and gently diffuses air through an area six times greater than the average air cleaner.
- HEPASilent technology, exclusive to Blueair, combines mechanical filtration and electrostatic filtration for highly effective air cleaning that outperforms standard HEPA, capturing 99.97% of the tiniest particles at 0.1 micron. A layer of activated carbon adsorbs small particles and chemicals.
- EnergyStar rated low energy consumption saves you money on your power bill. In fact, it costs about the same to clean the air in your home as it does to power a single light bulb.
- All Blueair products are environmentally aware and offer exceptional performance without polluting the environment. Blueair replaces standard filters (which can harm the environment) with safer, nontoxic polypropylene filters. In addition, Blueair air purifiers are coated with a special powder finish that produces no chemical off-gassing. The polypropylene filters also resist contamination from mold, bacteria, and viruses.
- Unlike many electrostatic air cleaners, Blueair 303 air purifiers are safe for allergy and asthma patients because they release no ozone by-products.
- Easy to Use & Maintain. Plug it in, select the speed setting, and forget it. To clean, simply wipe the steel exterior. When the filter needs to be replaced (every six months), just open the lid, lift the old filters out, and drop the new ones. No screws, no tools, and barely any time required.
- The award-winning design is sleek and stylish, and the steel housing is durable and easy to clean.
- Effective for room sizes up to 225 square feet.
- no more itchy throat!
Saw immediate results for my son when we put the Blueair 303 in his bedroom. No more back-of-the-throat squirrel noises or constant throat clearing. He can sleep through the night now without being awakened by his allergies! And it's super quiet!
- Perfect for the Bedroom
On its lowest setting, you don't hear it at all. I have a 1 bedroom apartment, and I bought one 303 and one 403, and they've made a huge difference in filtering out dust mites, cat dander, and the like. The air even smells better.
Write Your Own Review
Blueair 303 Air Purifier
Similar to the 203, the Blueair 303 is a popular and economical air purifiers for midsize rooms. With its HEPASilent technology, the Blueair 303 provides quiet, energy efficient filtration of particles 0.1 microns and larger. With an award winning design and quiet performance, the Blueair 303 will blend comfortably into nearly any room in the home.
What I liked about the Blueair 303
The Blueair 303 is extremely quiet even on the highest setting. It is easy to turn this unit on and then completely forget the fact that it is running. The 303 is Energy Star rated, and ranging from 20 to 50 watts, it is one of the most energy efficient air purifiers on the market.
Aside from turning the unit on, there is little else that needs to be done. Filter replacement needs to be done every six months, but even this is easy. Simply open the compartment, pull out the old filter, insert the new and start the air purifier back up again. With no screws, bolts or tools needed, and a five year warranty, the Blueair 303 not only provides ease but also peace of mind.
The steel housing of the unit is specially coated to produce no off-gassing, and the filter media used (as well as the filter housing) is made of non-toxic materials that will not harm the environment.
What I do not like about the Blueair 303
There is an optional SmokeStop filter for this unit, but this only provides some odor removing capabilities. The 303 is not particularly suited for filtration of heavy odors or VOC's. And the lack of a prefilter is part of the reason why the filter on this unit needs to be changed every six months, as opposed to less frequently in Austin or AllerAir models.
In summary, the Blueair 303 is an excellent choice for someone who demands high levels of particle filtration at a reasonable price. While the filter in the Blueair 303 is not a true HEPA filter, the media used in the filter, in addition to the ionizer (does not produce ozone), provides extremely high particle filtration results. The energy efficiency, ease of use, universal design and company reputation will satisfy most customers.
Blueair 303 HEPA Air Purifier Specifications
|Recommended For:||Medium-sized bedrooms, living rooms, and playrooms|
|User Profile:||Allergy and asthma sufferers who are bothered by noise|
|Maximum Room Size
2 air changes per hour:
|528 sq. ft.|
|4 air changes per hour:||320 sq. ft.|
|6 air changes per hour:
|225 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||Non-toxic polypropylene with active carbon filter|
|Carbon Filter:||Optional, Standard with SmokeStop Model|
|Average Filter Life:||6 months with continuous use|
|Filter Change Indicator Sensors:||No|
|Smoke Removal:||SmokeStop Model Only|
|Odor Control:||SmokeStop Model Only|
|Second Hand Smoke Removal:||SmokeStop Model Only|
|Ease of Filter Replacement:||Very simple -- just open back panel and slide filter in or out|
|Power Cord Length / Type:||5 feet detachable, polarized, three prong plug|
|Interface Control Type:||3 speed switch on side of unit|
|Color Options:||Silver and Putty / Off-white|
|Dimensions:||25"H x 17"W x 10"D|
|Shipping Weight:||34 lbs.|
|Noise Level:||32 - 56 dBa|
|Wheels / Casters:||No|
|Power Consumption:||20 - 80 Watts|
|CFM of Fan Speeds:||60 - 160 CFM|
|Remote Control Included:||No|
|CADR Ratings from AHAM:||Smoke 135