Boneco/Air-O-Swiss 2055A Air Washer and Humidifier
Sharing features from both the 2055 and 2055D, Boneco/Air-O-Swiss 2055A Air Washer & Humidifier is a simple, yet effective way to put needed moisture back into your indoor air while removing particulate and dust that can negatively effect indoor air quality. Air washers feature a slightly different humidifying technology that uses a series of discs and evaporation to restore moisture without any need for a demineralization cartridge. With low power consumption and extremely quiet operation, the 2055A is one of the most unobtrusive and low maintenance ways to improve indoor comfort throughout the year.
With the Boneco Air Washer and Humidifier, you'll never have to worry about changing filters because there are no filters to change! As the disc rotates through the water, water bathes each disc. Impurities and particles in the air, like pollen, dust and other common particle allergens attach to the discs as air circulates in from the sides of the unit. A pre-ionizer gives each particle a very small charge causing them to attract and for larger particles that adhere to discs. As the water evaporates and is dispersed throughout the room, the particles remain, and because the basic principle of evaporation is what drives this unit, there is little to no chance that minerals are released in the air. This also means there are no demineralization cartridges to replace, so you are free to use any type of water you have available. When dirty, simply remove and wash the discs (dishwasher safe), wipe out the tank, and your Air-O-Swiss Air Washer is ready to go!
- Removes particles from the air while it humidifies
- Auto shutoff when tank is empty
- Fragrance container with Key Function to open the disc pack
- Hydro Cell adsorbs impurities and helps keep the humidifier clean
- No replacement filters or evaporator mats required
- Transparent and removable water tank
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe discs and operate
- Quality components to ensure lasting use
- Quiet operation
- Extremely energy efficient, uses about as much power as a CF light bulb
- Ten year warranty
- Air-O-Swiss 2055 Air Washer and Humidifier
- I've noticed when I travel to humid places that my skin is softer and I am not subject to sinus infections, so I decided to buy a humidifier. I chose the AOS2055 because of the whisper technology, low energy usage, and (#1 priority) moisture purity. It actually cleans the air as it adds moisture and it prevents infectious buildup in the reservoir. I couldn't be more pleased with this unit. Thank you
- Excellent product
- My ENT Doctor recommended that I purchase a humidifier for my sinus problems. The Air-O-Swiss Air Washer and Humidifier allowed me to sleep through the night and wake up without feeling congested. It is very quiet and little to no maintenance is required. I highly recommend this product.
- A good hybrid solution
- I suffer from eczema, year-round rhinitis and asthma - nothing life-threatening, in my case, but all of which cause discomfort, especially in environments such as my archaic office building, which has very poor air quality. My allergist has advised against humidifiers but when I realized the humidity level in my office sinks below 20% when the heat is on full blast, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and 'splurge' on a device that both purifies and humidifies. The Air Washer seems well designed. As someone who has owned at least 10 humidifier or purifier devices, I appreciate how easy the Air Washer is to set up and use. I don't find it too noisy, even on the higher fan speed. And it looks much better and sturdier than most machines on the market. I've only had it for a few weeks but I do think it is bringing some relief. The Air Washer is currently set up in my small office (200 sq. ft. or so) and I am considering buying one of these for home as well, maybe the digital one.
- too early to tell
- i received this item two days ago and have not had a chance to use it
- Air-O-Swiss 2055A
- This is our second Air-O-Swiss. The first one ran continuously for 10 years before the motor gave out. We use it in the bedroom. It goes through 5 gallons of water a day which is much more than pad-type evaporative humidifiers. Never a problem with mold growing on the pads since there are no pads. It also pulls a lot of stuff out of the air. It seems expensive and honestly is! but worth it in the long run.
Write Your Own Review
BONECO AIR-O-SWISS 2055A Air Washer and Humidifier
This 2-in-1 humidifier and air purifier washes and humidifies a room's air without evaporator mats or pads. Special humidifier discs turn through the water removing impurities from the air naturally, which provides two types of relief to allergy sufferers - cleaner air and more moisture during those dry fall/winter months. The discs, which never need to be replaced, have a great adhesion for water to guarantee high humidity output. Multiple discs also the 2055A to increase output by increasing the evaporative surface area inside the unit. After spending a great deal of time testing and trying out this unit, this is what how it compares to other humidifiers.
What I like about the BONECO AIR-O-SWISS 2055A Air Washer
The best quality of this humidifier is how easy it is to clean and operate. There are no replacement filters or evaporator pads since the washable discs are the evaporative surface. Sediment or mineral content in the water settles out and is never vaporized since the 2055A air washer relies upon evaporation to humidify. The water tank is transparent and easy to remove, and the base, where trapped dust and other particles from the air, as well as hard water minerals, end up is easily wiped clean. The BONECO AIR-O-SWISS 2055 is also one of the few humidifiers that you can use any type of water with and never worry about white dust, scale or softened water damaging metal components.
For the reason just mentioned above, the 2055 comes with the most robust warranty of any BONECO AIR-O-SWISS humidifier - a full ten years. This is over three times longer than any other model, but the technology is so simplistic in design that there are actually very few things that could go wrong. This model is also one of only a few made by BONECO AIR-O-SWISS that is actually made in Switzerland.
The tank capacity if larger than many other BONECO AIR-O-SWISS humidifiers available. At just under two gallons, even under the driest conditions you'll likely only fill this unit twice in a 24 hour period.
While the controls of this unit are the basic controls of the original 2055, the 2055A has an automatic shut-off feature that the original model lacked. So when the tank is empty, the unit shuts itself off. Simply fill, plug in and turn on. That's it!
This humidifier uses a Hydro Cell that contains activated carbon to adsorb impurities in the water. There is no need to add chemicals to improve water quality, and because there is no vaporizing and no metal diaphragm, soft water, hard water, tap water, distilled water, any water - all works the same.
Energy usage for the BONECO AIR-O-SWISS 2055A is very low. It will run all day for a fraction of what it costs to power a standard light bulb. This unit is also very quiet with near silent operation on low.
What I do not like about the BONECO AIR-O-SWISS 2055A Air Washer
Compared to some models, the 2055A does not put as much moisture in the air as quickly as ultrasonic humidifiers. In general, evaporative humidifiers are all like this - a more simplistic design, less things to go wrong, but slower moisture output. Still, the BONECO AIR-O-SWISS 2055A is built to meet the humidification needs for most rooms.
Please don't make the mistake of thinking that the 2055A could replace a HEPA air purifier. While it will remove some particulate from the air, it mainly targets larger particles and isn't meant to offer the same time of filtration an a more traditional air purifier. Instead, think of the air cleaning that it provides as a nice little bonus to the soothing moisture it puts back into your indoor air.
In summary, the 2055A combines extremely simple operation with minimal energy use with solid humidifying. The 2055A airwasher features a sleek design with a fairly small footprint. While it won't humidify as quickly as an ultrasonic humidifier, with this airwasher there is never any need for using a specific type of water, and keeping it clean is easier than another other humidifier available. This dual use humidifier does cost more upfront but will outlast other styles and doesn't have replaceable parts other than the Hydro Cell. In all, the BONECO AIR-O-SWISS 2055A is a respectable air washer, but a quality humidifier.