Allergy Armor Organic Pillow Covers
Allergy Armor Organic allergy pillow covers offer a certified organic alternative in allergy bedding, and with a few new features, these covers are even better than before! For those who have sensitivities from the chemicals or residues found on many modern textiles, this 100% organic cotton cover is a non-dyed, non-treated, more natural type of allergen barrier fabric. Constructed from GOTS certified organic cotton, these redesigned covers fit, look and feel more like a traditional cotton pillowcase. Even more important, we've managed to shrink the pore size down to just 4.7 microns, making them an even more effective allergen barrier, perfect for reducing night time coughing as well as early morning congestion, runny nose and sneezing!
With Allergy Armor Organic covers available for your pillows and mattress, we also offer an Organic Cotton bedding package that bundles two standard size pillow covers and the mattress cover size (of your choice) to save you time and money.
- 100% Organic cotton - non-dyed, non-treated, and chemical-free
- Certified Dust Mite Barrier
- Independently Tested to Have an Average Pore Size of 4.7 Microns
- No VOCs, Flame Retardants, Formaldehyde, Wrinkle Releasers, Stain Guards or Any Other Chemical Treatments
- New Cover and Tuck zipper design
- Ideal for Allergies, Eczema, Chemical Sensitivities, and Sensitive Skin
- Naturally Soft Fabric
- Machine Washable
- Crafted in Atlanta, GA
- 10 Year Warranty
Allergy Armor Organic Pillow Covers - A Closer Look
Allergy Armor Organic is made from 100% certified organic cotton with a luxurious, natural feel. Using a special weaving pattern, we were able to reduce the pore size between each thread to an average of just 4.7 microns, an effective way to block the dust mite allergen as well as pollen and mold spores. The dust mite allergen averages around 10 microns. To give some perspective, a micron is 1/2500 of an inch; dust mites average around 300 microns, and a grain of sand can be over 800 microns.
There are a couple things to keep in mind with organic cotton. First, there is some color variation. As an untreated fabric, the cotton isn't as "pristine" in appearance as traditionally treated and dyed fabrics. Second, because this is an all cotton product, it will wrinkle. Man made fabrics like polyester resist wrinkles, but natural fiber, like organic cotton, will wrinkle in the wash and dry cycle. Off-the-shelf cotton fabrics are often treated with VOCs to be wrinkle resistant, and with these covers, that is NOT the case. Lastly, expect the cotton to shrink a bit after the first wash. Modern textiles are preshrunk, but our covers are cut to account for shrinking after the first wash.
Sizes and Dimensions
|W x L||W x L|
|Standard||20" x 26"||51 x 66|
|Queen||20" x 30"||51 x 76|
|King||20" x 36"||51 x 92|
|Euro Square||26" x 26"||66 x 66|
|Travel||13" x 17"||33 x 44|
|Body||21" x 60"||53 x 153|
|*Dimensions After Washing|
The standard size pillow protectors are too small for the pillow. Needed to do some cramming. Not thrilled with the product.
My husband and I were waking up every morning with stuffy heads and runny noses. I had resisted buying pillow covers because my experience with them in the past had led me to expect a plastic feel and a crinkly noise every time I moved. We were desperate, so I ordered your covers. No crinkly noise, no plastic feel or smell and, best of all, much diminished sinus problems. Now I'm thinking of trying the duvet/quilt cover to see if that helps cure more of the problem. Thank you!
- a perfect product
I ordered 2 cases, they arrive quickly and they were made well, substantial fabric and they have done the job well on my two new pillows. I would recommend this company and product to anyone required protectors for pillows. the price was also reasonable for the quality.
- Pillow Happy
The two organic pillow cases arrived promptly. I am very pleased with their quality--strong cloth, nicely finished, and I trust that they are keeping dust mites from invading my brand new pillows. Wish Achoo made dog bed encasings!
- Peace of mind
I knew that these allergy armor covers work because I loved the bed covers. However, I wanted to buy the organic allergy armor pillow covers separately. They work just as good as the Ultra, but I feel good knowing my face is rested on all natural organic cotton. Actually, I would recommend a cover regardless of allergies, just so I know I am not breathing pillow stuffing.
- Feels so good and have queen sizes too!
Achoo Allergy was the answer to my allery needs. I was able to purchase the very hard to find Queen pillow size and the queen mattress cover in the ULTRA fabric! What a relief. It feels so normal and now my husband doesn't complain about sleeping on "plastic". Thank you AchooAllergy.
- Organic pillow cover
I love this pillow cover. It is soft and very quiet - you don't even notice it's there. I also sleep well knowing that I am not sleeping on harsh chemicals. I highly recommend this pillow cover! I would love to have all of the organic allergy bedding.
Write Your Own Review
Allergy Armor Organic Dust Mite Pillow Covers
Allergy Armor organic cotton pillow covers dispel the idea that you cannot have it all. This is all natural, certified organic, American made, allergy bedding. It's not often you will find a product that falls into any two of those categories let alone all four. With no chemicals or treatments, this certified organic cotton is grown and woven under strict guidelines to ensure quality, and once woven, the fabric is cut and sewn here locally in Atlanta for use on pillows across the U.S. No matter if you are an allergy, MCS, or eczema sufferer, these organic cotton pillow covers provide relief from dust mites, other allergens and the harsh chemicals that plague modern textiles.
What I like about Allergy Armor Organic Pillow Covers
- Smaller Average Pore Size - At 4.7 microns, the new Organic Cotton pillow covers are effective against dust mites, pollen and many other particle allergens. Better still, Allergy Armor Organic Cotton fabric has been independently tested to meet or exceed this number.
- Certified Organic - Though it costs us a little more, our organic cotton barrier fabric is certified organic, from growing the cotton to weaving the fabric, every step of the way has to meet stringent GOTS requirements.
- MCS and Eczema Friendly - Our covers lack the pesticide and fertilizer residue of other cotton products, and use no dyes, fire retardants, VOCs, heavy metals or other chemical treatments during production or processing. This helps to ensure that only the natural comfort of cotton is what you feel.
- Hidden Zipper - Similar to the new design on the organic mattress covers, the organic cotton pillow encasings now have the zipper conveniently hidden under a flap of organic cotton. And, unlike our other pillow covers, these organic cotton pillow covers have the label sewn inside. This gives the cover a seamless look, more like a standard pillowcase.
- U.S. Made - We make our covers right here in our Atlanta, GA facility.
What I do not like about the Allergy Armor Organic Pillow Covers
- Cost - Quality costs. Organic costs. This is known and not surprising for most folks who consider organic products. It is worth noting that when compared to other organic products, these are still less expensive. Generally, if you find it dramatically less expensive, then it likely lacks the GOTS certification, our extremely small average pore size, or it's not an American made product.
- Wrinkles - Natural cotton wrinkles. To limit this, many of the sheets and linens you use today are made from a cotton/polyester blend and treated with a resin that can actually release formaldehyde. Our covers are all cotton and have no chemicals, so they does wrinkle. Since they go under your regular sheets, you shouldn't notice them much, and you can always iron them when you take them out of the dryer.
Comfortable, yet durable, these all natural, organic pillow covers provide relief from dust mites and won't irritate those with eczema, chronic dermatitis or sensitive skin. American made and effective, the Organic Cotton pillow covers are an excellent choice when creating a healthier home and reducing allergy and asthma symptoms.
Allergy Armor Organic Pillow Covers Additional ResourcesAllergy Bedding Buying Guide
Compare Allergy Bedding
Allergy Bedding FAQ
Caring For Your Allergy Bedding
Organic Farming: Better for You and the Environment