Austin Air Allergy Machine HEGA Air Purifiers
Using technology that was previously available only to hospitals and the military, the Austin Air Allergy Machine air purifier features HEGA (High Efficiency Gas Absorption) filtration, designed for areas heavily polluted by smoke, odors, gases, smog, and fumes. The Austin Air Allergy Machine efficiently traps standard allergens like dust, dander, pollen, and mold with its hospital grade HEPA filter. With two pre-filters for large and medium particle filtration, the Austin Allergy Machine removes a broad range of allergens and asthma attack triggers. The Allergy Machine comes in two convenient sizes to handle large and small rooms alike. For larger rooms up to 750 sq. ft. the standard size Allergy Machine is your best option while for space up to 375 sq. ft. the Allergy Machine Jr. is an ideal fit. With easy maintenance and durable these allergy air purifiers are sure to bring you years of lasting allergy relief.
*NOTE: The large particle pre-filter for ALL Austin air purifiers is the same. Just choose the correct size (full size or Jr.) and color (black or white).
- Medical-grade True HEPA Filter for removal of 99.97% of particulate pollutants 0.3 microns in size and 95% of all particles 0.1 microns and larger.
- HEGA (High Efficiency Gas Absorption) Filtration features an advanced military carbon cloth to absorb odors and gases.
- Built-in pre-filter significantly extends the life of the HEPA filter by trapping medium size particles like pollen.
- Plastics on many air purifiers emit gases and cause problems for the chemically sensitive. Austin Air purifiers feature solid steel construction, which means they will not off-gas chemicals, and they're sturdy and built to last for years.
- Baked on non-toxic powder coat finish.
- Specially engineered 360° Air Intake for maximum air flow.
- Control switch with three speeds.
- Three to five year filter life means low filter replacement costs.
- Easy to clean and maintain, simple vacuum the exterior of the air purifier once a month and replace the separate, large pre-filter once per year.
- Long-lasting, energy efficient PSC motor.
- Casters for easy moving (optional on the Allergy Machine Jr.)
- Five-year pro-rated filter guarantee. Five-year mechanical warranty.
- Effective for areas up to 750 square feet (for the Allergy Machine) or 375 square feet (for the Allergy Machine Jr.).
- Made in the USA
Austin Air Allergy Machine HEGA Air Purifiers - A Closer Look
|Air Allergy Machine Fan and Motor Assembly
Austin Air has years of experience in producing quality allergy air purifiers. The simple, economical design of the unit makes it an attractive, long term value. Air is pulled in 360° around the unit and, after being pulled through the sealed, 4 stage filtration, exits through the top of the unit. On the highest setting, the motor uses only a little more power than a standard light bulb and it, as well as they housing, is covered by a 5 year mechanical warranty.
|Cutaway of Austin Air's Construction and Engineering
Austin Air cleaners are not made of any plastic parts. Plastics can off gas and cause problems for the chemically sensitive. That's why Austin Air cleaners have all steel construction with a baked on powder coat finish. The sturdy steel construction of every Austin Air product guarantees that your air cleaner will last for years.
Air is drawn through two particle prefilters with a powerful PSC motor then through a military grade HEGA cloth and finally hospital grade HEPA filter media. Gaskets ensure no air leakage.
- This is the one you want!
- I have had asthma and allergies all my life. This is the fourth HEPA unit I have purchased in the last 15 years. The Austin Air Machine is by far the simplest and the most effective HEPA unit I've ever owned. It produces an abudent amount of clean air. I have a very large bedroom and I can "FEEL" the difference in the air quality. I've already reduced my meds due to the Austin. If you you suffer like I do, bite the bullet and buy this machine. You will be glad you did!
- quiet enough on the low setting to qualify as white noise! My room feels and smells cleaner. I've noticed less dust. Gives off cool air so it serves as a little fan too! Love the blue color.
- Breathing Clear
- I ran the junior in my bedroom and could tell the difference right away. I live in a house with electric heat and air tight construction. Thanks to this unit, I could take deep breaths of clean, clear air with great relief. I'm getting one for the office, too!
- Finally clean air
- Every time I go into my bedroom, I notice the air is different from the rest of my apartment. The air is clean and I breathe better. The Jr. size is perfect for my small bedroom and I have noticed that I don't have as much dust and that my cats don't bother me as much as they used to. I like that there isn't an ionizer on it as that just aggravates asthma. My old air purifier was just that, old. I am happy to have a new purifier that is allowing me to breathe easier.
- unfair to compare to IQ..
- but...I purchased both at the same time. It seems for the price not worthwhile compared to the IQ, but I recognize that may not be fair- Still, the Austin is not cheap, nor are the filters so I did have higher expectations.There is also a probability that the room is too large for it ive yet to set out to measure, but aprox. 800sq ft, but with 9ft high ceilings. It does prove itself to help substantially though with my toddler's and my allergies to a cat we housed till a permanent home could be located. When we tried to go without it on high we suffered, but it is loud-quieter than the IQ on its highest setting, but like a large fan on high-it's subtle-you don't realize how loud till you attempt to speak to someone for example.If I'd known, I would have purchased another IQ.
- Restful sleep at last
- The first time I used the Austin Air Allergy purifier, I stopped have stuffy nose like I normally do. I was finally able to sleep through the night without waking up multiple times. My 200 sq ft bedroom has very poor circulation, the purifier really gets the air moving. I developed minor allergies probably from having dogs and dust mites but this has helped me so far. I didn't know the rest of the house has different odor smell until I use this in the bedroom. The only downside is the noise level even at the lowest setting, I have to wear ear plugs when I sleep as I'm noise sensitive. I bought the large machine for the bedroom because I knew I couldn't have it on the high setting when I sleep, which is what you need if you want the maximum air exchange per hour with the junior size. You will probably get a silent purifier at twice the cost of this one which also covers less square footage, but for me the difference is just too great a financial cost to pay.
- Effective and Quiet!
- Three settings make it very versatile. The lowest setting is very quiet. It seems to work pretty well and has improved my boyfriends allergies. Aesthetically it's not too bad looking either. Clean design and looks like a quality build.
- Excellent Air Purifier
- I purchased this air purifier to replace several smaller units on the main floor of my home. The air quality in my home was pretty good before but this unit has made a remarkable difference. The unit is in my living room/dining room area which is a 525 square-foot area and has no trouble keeping up on the middle speed. The unit is a bit loud on the high setting, but if I feel the need for extra air cleaning power I can run it on high while I'm at work and switch it back to a lower speed when I get home. I had hoped that this unit would improve the air throughout my first floor, not just in the room where it resides. It absolutely has done that. I have four cats and a dog, but you don't smell them when you walk in my house. My father, who is very allergic to cats, has no problem visiting my house now. He can be there for hours and not get sick. If you're reluctant to spend so much money on an air purifier, I would encourage you to give this a try. Instead of running three different air cleaners on my main floor, I now only have to run this one unit. Replacing filters every three months in three separate units is not cheap! I have no idea if the filter in this unit will last 5 years or if it will need to be replaced after 3 as some people do. Either way, I'll have recouped the money I spent on this unit by then due to lower maintenance and electrical costs. Plus, my air is cleaner. It's a win-win situation.
- No review title given
- This product seems to work well. I wish I would have gotten a larger size since I never close my bedroom door, it seems the unit may be too small. I like that it is lightweight and low maintenance. The only things i do not like are it blows out cool air and it makes a little noise.
- breathe free , breathe easy
- I love to play tennis, But once the winter started we had to restrict ourselves to the miniature version of it(Ping Pong). We went and bought a new table and found a good spot in our basement to keep it. But after playing for couple of days my dust allergy kicked in and we had to stop our game. I did quite a bit of research and finally decided upon buying Austin Allergy Machine. Since our basement is a bit big I had to go for the bigger version and I am totally glad that I opted for it. After using it for a couple of hours itself I could really feel the difference. No more dusty/damp smell.I would highly recommend this product to anybody who has dust allergy like me.
- Awesome! Sleep like a baby
- I love my Allergy Machine. I know when I wake up every morning I'll be breathing free and feel well-rested. I leave it on high all day in my apartment and turn it down when I sleep. Thanks to the Allergy Machine and my encasings, I'm guaranteed a good nights rest. Thank You!
- Clean Air
- The Austin Hega Air Purifier is everything they say it is. It is durable and really cleans the air. After a few hours on high, I then just let it run at low speed and you hardly know it's there. Be sure to get the casters if you need to move from one room to another. It just glides along. A wonderful product.
- A QUIET MACHINE THAT WORKS!
- THIS MACHINE IS GREAT IN CLEANING THE AIR INDEED AND SUCH A QUIET ONE TOO. I BOUGHT IT BEC. I HAVE A DAUGHTER WHO HAS ASTHMA AND ALLERGIES WHO I NEVER FAIL TO BRING TO THE ER DURING THIS TIME OF THE SEASON (I JUST DID 2 WEEKS AGO AND HOPEFULLY THE LAST ONE) FOR ASTHMA ATTACKS. I WAS JUST CONFUSED WITH THE SQ. FOOTAGE INDICATED IN YOUR WEBSITE THAT THIS MACHINE COVERS AGAINST THE SQ. AREA INDICATED IN THE AUSTIN AIR WEBSITE. YOURS IS HALF THE SIZE OF WHAT AUSTIN AIR WEBSITE SAYS. MAYBE YOUR WEBSITE IS THE CORRECT ONE, IF SO, I HOPE TO WIN THAT AUSTIN AIR PURIFIER PRIZE! I SHOULD SAY IT IS A GREAT MACHINE AND MAYBE I BOUGHT THE WRONG ONE FOR THE SIZE OF AREA I HAVE, BUT I DO FEEL IT WORKS...
- It's A Miracle!
- My brother insisted on us trying his Austin Air Purifier after seeing that my sinus headaches would not go away. Every time I bent over to pick up anything from the floor, the headache would come with an intense pain in my forehead and sinuses. My headache went away with time but I did not give any credit to my brother's air purifier. I just thought that spring had passed and my allergies had gone away. Then, my brother and sister in law had a baby and I returned their air purifier after having it in my house for about two months. Two days after returning the Austin Air Purifier my headache started again. I realized that the air purifier had to do something with my health being inproved. My children and husband also started having stuffy noses and headaches. We finally decided to buy the Austin Allergy Machine. After just one day and one night of breathing the Austin purified air from our Allergy Machine, my sinus headache disappeared without any medication. The dry nose and itchy throat also went away. My children's and husband's symptoms either improved or dissapeared. We were very amazed at the changes we experienced in how we felt.The Allergy Machine is now "on" all the time in our home. There is less dust in our furniture and our house always smells nice (no after cooking odors). One minor set back is that having our machine on the highest setting makes it a little noisy. However, you get accustomed to it after a while and the noise always reminds you of all the air that the Allergy Machine is purifying constantly.
- Great product
- My son and daughter suffer every year with allergies requiring doctors visits annually but after purchasing the Austin Allergy machine this year my kids were able to skip their doctors visit this year
- Cold-free and no more snoring!
- My wife and I moved to Cairo, Egypt 16 months ago and our daughter was born there 14 months ago. Cairo is notorious for its air pollution and dusty environment, and these greatly aggrevated a chest infection I had been enduring for a year or so prior to our move. Our neighbour has several Austin Air Air Purifiers and when he heard that our infant daughter had been suffering from chronic colds, he lent one of his units to us during a period of particularly severe air pollution resulting from the burning of rice fields along the Nile. Within two days our daughter's cold had cleared up, and since that time she has never had another. I purchased three air purifiers for our home - one for our living area and one each for our daughter's and our own bedroom. To my amazement, my chest infection cleared up within a week of having the unit in our bedroom, something that three rounds of anti-biotics had failed to do. To my wife's even greater delight, my snoring stopped. (She had suffered sleepless nights due to my snoring since we were married eleven years ago, so you can imagine how pleased she is with Austin Air. We're both ambassadors for the product. I've recently bought units as gifts for my sister and my mother.)
- Peace at last
- My wife has spent years suffering with constant sniffles due to allergies. Medication helped the symptoms, but the expense and side effects made life difficult. Within a week our new HEGA changed her life dramatically. It has even stopped my nightime wheezing. Thanks for delivering what your ads promised and more. I'm sure what we will save in meds will easily pay for our HEGA
- Less allergies
- I bought my Austin Air Purifier almost 2 years ago. I had a horrible allergy problems and decided to buy one, based on online recommendations. Boy, have my allergies improved. I no longer have allergy problems in the Spring and Fall. It really is quieter than the Honeywell products. In fact, mine is right next to my bed!!! I wish I had found mine years ago.
- Top-quality air purifier
- After trying many other air purifiers, I decided to get a high-quality unit. I'm extremely pleased with the Austin machine with HEGA filtration. It has plenty of power to handle a large area, but it is also very quiet on the middle and low speeds. I especially like the fact that the filters last 3 years. You simply use your vacuum cleaner on the outside surfaces when needed. It is American-made and a very solid machine.
- Satisfied so far
- We have bought 3 of the Austin Airs recently and we are satisfied with the results. The air is cleaner and on the low setting it runs very quietly.
- allergy Free Now
- This is by far the best air cleaner I have purchased. (I have purchased 3 before). After the fist day I could really tell the difference!!! My eyes did not itch and my nose was not stuffy at all. Love the clean air vent. Very quite so I can sleep.
- Great product
- I moved in with my boyfriend (and his cat) and developed severe allergies about a week or so later. For over six weeks I was coughing, wheezing and generally miserable and tried both OTC and prescription allergy medications to no avail. Two days after getting this allergy air purifier, I got my first decent night's sleep in weeks. It has really made an incredible difference--highly recommended.
Write Your Own Review
Austin Air Allergy Machine
In addition to hospital grade HEPA filter media, the Austin Air Allergy Machine contains additional HEGA filtration. HEGA stands for High Efficiency Gas Absorption, and is a military technology often used in chem suits and other applications where more than protection against submicron particles is needed. The HEPA filtration captures particles like pollen, pet dander and mold spores while the HEGA filter traps other allergy and asthma triggers like chemicals found in cleaners, glues, new carpet, and fragrances. With two sizes and five colors options, there is an Allergy Machine perfect for any asthma or allergy sufferer.What I like about the Austin Air Allergy Machine
- Sturdy construction. With 22 gauge steel the housing is durable, efficient and will not off gas like plastic.
- Casters, on the full size model. These allow the unit to be wheeled anywhere in the house (Allergy Machine Jr. model is small enough to be moved without the use of casters, though they are optional).
- Filtration. The 4 stage filtration is capable of filtering out pollen, pet dander, mold spores, bacteria & viruses, as well as chemicals, smoke and odor pollutants.
- Easy maintenance. Vacuum the exterior of the Allergy Machine regularly and change the separate, large particle prefilter once per year. The large HEPA/HEGA filter needs to be replaced every 3-5 years making filter replacement costs much lower than comparable air purifiers.
- Long filter life. 5 years for normal household use.
- 5-year Manufacturer Warranty. The housing and motor are covered by a 5 year warranty while the filter is covered by a pro-rated 5 year warranty.
- American made
What I did not like about the Austin Air Allergy Machine
- In general, I prefer the performance of the HealthMate Plus when it comes to gases, chemical vapors, and odors. While the Allergy Machine does a good job, the heavier carbon bed of blended carbon found in the HealthMate Plus still works better in filtering VOCs and non-particle compounds.
- No automatic indicator for filter replacements. With few frills, the Austin Allergy Machine does not offer many of the additional electronic features that drives the price of other air purifiers up.
In summary, the Austin Allergy Machine is perfect for allergy and asthma sufferers who have problems with not only things like pollen, pet dander, and dust mite allergen but also chemicals, smoke and fragrances. These solid, American made air purifiers will keep you reaction free and sleeping better without the hassle and cost of frequent filter replacement. And with several color options and two sizes, teh Austin Allergy Machine is a perfect fit in nearly any home.
Austin Air Allergy Machine HEGA Air Purifiers Specifications
Austin Air Allergy Machine
Austin Air Allergy Machine Jr.
|Recommended For:||Large one room environments where no mold is present||One room environments where no mold is present|
|User Profile:||Smokers, Allergy & Asthma Sufferers with MCS or problems with VOC's||Smokers, Allergy & Asthma Sufferers with MCS or problems with VOC's|
|Maximum Room Size
2 air changes per hour
|1500 sq. ft.||750 sq. ft.|
|4 air changes per hour||750 sq. ft.||375 sq. ft.|
|6 air changes per hour
|500 sq. ft.||250 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||Permafilt Pre-filter, HEGA Cloth, HEPA drum||Permafilt Pre-filter, HEGA Cloth, HEPA drum|
|Prefilter:||Built-in Foam Permafilt Pre-filter, Separate Large Particle Pre-filter||Built-in Foam Permafilt Pre-filter, Separate Large Particle Pre-filter|
|Filter Guarantee:||5 year Pro-rated Guarantee||5 year Pro-rated Guarantee|
|HEPA Media Size:||60 sq. ft. True Surgical Medical HEPA cloth||30 sq. ft. True Surgical Medical HEPA cloth|
|Carbon Filter:||Activated Military Carbon Cloth (HEGA)||Activated Military Carbon Cloth (HEGA)|
|Average Filter Life:||4 years||4 years|
|Air Outflow:||Directed Register, Top Right Side of Unit||Directed Register, Top Right Side of Unit|
|Filter Change Indicator:||No||No|
|Smoke Removal:||Yes, excellent||Yes, excellent|
|Second Hand Smoke Removal:||Yes||Yes|
|Power Cord Length:||5 feet||5 feet|
|Dimensions:||23"H x 14.5" x 14.5"||16"H x 11"W x 11"D|
|Shipping Weight:||39 lbs.||16 lbs.|
|Weight:||35 lbs||12 lbs|
|Housing:||22 gauge steel||22 gauge steel|
|Noise Level:||High 66 dba
Medium 55 dba
Low 50 dba
|High 66 dba
Medium 55 dba
Low 50 dba
|Wheels / Casters:||Yes||Optional|
|Power Consumption:||High 115 watts
Medium 83 watts
Low 56 watts
|High 66 watts
Medium 55 watts
Low 50 watts
|CFM of Fan Speeds:||High 400 cfm
Medium 200 cfm
Low 75 cfm
|High 200 cfm
Medium 100 cfm
Low 50 cfm
|Warranty:||5 years part and labor||5 years part and labor|
Austin Air Allergy Machine HEGA Air Purifiers Additional Resources
Austin Air Allergy Machine Air Purifier Owner's Manual
How to Change the Austin Filter
Air Purifier Buying Guide
Top Five HEPA Air Purifiers
Air Purifier FAQs
Austin Air Purifier FAQs
Clean Air, Pollution & Ozone