Miele Dynamic U1 Twist Vacuum Cleaner
The Miele Twist is one of the most popular solutions to cleaning carpet with a Miele quality vacuum without paying a premium price. Core features like nimble maneuverability, powerful suction, extremely quiet operation, and solid filtration are all standard with this Dynamic U1 upright. So is the automatic height adjustment as well as an impressive 55 ft. cleaning radius. These features all add up to cleaner floors, less noise, and a vacuum that is built to be the last vacuum you'll need for two full decades. The Twist is an affordable, top notch cleaning machine suited for all types of flooring. In recognition of this, a leading consumer products rating agency (sorry, they won't let us use their name) again ranked the Miele Twist 1st in value in its class amongst all upright vacuum cleaners.
*NOTE: The Miele U1 Twist vacuum was formerly known as the S7210 Twist. Aside from the change in model name, all features have remained the same.
- A Swivel-Neck design allows for better turning and cornering around furniture. This feature gives a nimble touch to this upright.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The 12 Amp, 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- The Slow Starting motor reduces wear and tear while extending the life of the motor, helping to make synonymous with durability.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years of residential use.
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Each Miele Dynamic U1 Upright comes standard with a Deluxe Handle Assembly. This handle is ergonomic and keeps the strain off your wrist.
- The ergonomic handle comes equipped with Brush Roll and Suction Controls.
- With Rotary Dial Controls the Twist makes adjusting suction as simple as turning a dial.
- The spring-loaded, Automatic Height Adjustment makes moving to different surfaces a breeze.
- With an Operating Radius of 55 ft. the U1 uprights gives you the ability to clean throughout the house without having to change outlets.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the rubber wheels won't damage floors.
- Royal Blue finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- A Six Inch Profile while lying flat allows you to vacuum under some of the tightest spaces.
- Large, 3D AirClean dust bag with a 5.45 quart capacity that allows for longer use and greater filtration even at lower suction settings.
- This new bag features 9 Stage Filtration, removing 99.9% of all particles. These layers help prevent sharp objects from puncturing the bag, while the dust bag closes automatically with a spring loaded collar, for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation when compared to traditional uprights.
- The Hose Lock feature allows you to lock the hose into place helping to stabilize the vacuum while using the wand.
- The Dynamic U1 uprights all come with a Built-In Handle in the back of the unit to allow for easy transportation of the vacuum.
- Adding versatility, brushes, attachments and tools that will fit the Miele Canisters also readily attach to the Lightweight, Telescopic, 2 ft. Wand of the Twist.
- Fully integrated, on-board tools include an Extra Long Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and ABS Body - 1 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
* 45 Minutes of Use Once Per Week on the Highest Setting.
Miele Dynamic U1 Twist Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
To address a drawback to bulky, traditional uprights, the Miele U1 upright vacuum cleaners come with a new swivel-neck design. The body of the vacuum swivels on the base. This smooth left to right motion aids when turning the vacuum around furniture and tight corners.
|Deluxe Handle Assembly
The Dynamic U1 series uses a handle design similar to that found on Miele premium canisters. This reinforced, ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist. The handle also comes equipped with suction and power controls.
|Hose and Hose Lock Feature
The hose Miele developed for the uprights is one of the best on the market. Not only is it durable and rigorously tested, but this hose stretches to 14 ft. and is less rigid than those found on traditional uprights. When using the hose, Miele has developed a hose lock features that helps reduce the chance of tipping the vacuum while cleaning.
Each of the new Miele uprights come with three onboard accessories, all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. Each fits neatly into the body of the upright making for easy access and convenient storage.
The new AirClean bags for the Miele uprights have an extra large, 5.45 quart capacity and now feature a redesigned self-sealing technology. With 9 stage filtration, these heavy duty bags now come with a spring loaded sealing feature to ensure dirt and allergens remained trapped inside the bag and work to eliminate the chance of spills while changing. Improved efficiency and a new 3D design means you utilize more of the bag capacity than ever before and maintain high levels of filtration even at lower suction settings. These filterbags remove 99.9% of all particles the Twist pulls in. Combined with Miele's Sealed System and HEPA filtration, the Miele Dynamic U1 vacuums are the most hygienic vacuums available.
The AirClean filter is a multi-ply material which is electrostatically charged to retain dust, pollen, and other particle allergens. It retains 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and 94% of particles down to 0.3 of a micron. This filter lasts as long as 4 dustbags and one is included free with each box of Miele certified dust bags. If at any time you want full H13 HEPA filtration, the Twist easily fits the Miele AirClean HEPA filter.
- Great Vacuum
- This Miele Twist is replacing my 8 year old Dyson Animal. I was a little nervous when I ordered it. But I was very happy once I used it. This vacuum gets up more than my Dyson did. I would definitely recommend this to others and wouldn't hesitate to purchase on again in the future.
- The cleanest my apartment's ever been
- Just got my Twist Miele yesterday, and boy did I go to town on cleaning my apartment. I loved the versatility in the suction, doing a great job on my hardwood floors and completely sucking up all of the dog hair - we have a border collie. I was able to clean all of the nooks and crannies with the accessories, plus it was so quite! Very happy customer, thanks AchooAllergy!
- Meile Sweeper
- We are very satisfied with the prompt service and the miele vacuum we recently purchased. it does an awesome job of cleaning carpet. We were a little disappointed with the lack of suction in the hand tools. overall- a good product for the price. -
- Expect High Mileage
- Have never owned a vacuum cleaner like this one as I had refused to pay more than $150 for any vacuum cleaner. Decided that when 2 year old carpets begin to look like they're 10 years old due to three kids and a dog, maybe $400+ vacuums are worth the price. Took the chance and have not been disappointed! Pulled carpet nap back to almost new, noticed decreased pet hair and general dirt. My husband kids me with: "you have the only vacuum cleaners this side of the Mississippi with 100,000 miles on it". Believe me, the way this one is built, it will make it to that mark. Attachments, hose and swivel make vacuuming a enjoyable task and even my tool freak husband has taken his turn and was impressed. Nice investment.
- Get What You Pay For
- Had this vacuum for about 3 weeks now. Everything they said it was. The swivel handle is awesome, easy to manuever. Like the dual motor system so you can turn the brush off on hard floors, etc. Good reach with the attachments. Able to go all the way up my stairs and not have the vacuum tip over. Much quieter than my 10 year old Windtunnel. Only gripe is it does not have edge brushes to grab dirt around the baseboards but the suction is strong enough you still pick up the big stuff on the sides. Would like more attachments included, haven't found one that really seems to be for stairs. Furniture brush works but gets really full of dog hair.
- Buy One! It's the BMW of Vacuums
- I purchased the Miele Twist about 2 months ago after my ten year old Hoover Wind Tunnel finally died. I didn't want a bagless vacuum, the newer Wind Tunnels did not get very good write-ups. Overall I just wanted a really great vacuum that would hold up to a lot of heavy usage. I have two large dogs, and a long haired cat- so I vacuum my furniture and the house at least twice a week. I read other reviews on Amazon, talked to my local vacuum repair company, and Consumer Reports. The Twist has been fantastic so far! I absolutely love how it handles. It rolls and turns like a Dyson. It is super quiet even my husband commented on that feature and it transitions from my area rugs to my wood floors, to the bathroom throw rugs super smoothly. I especially like how you can adjust the suction power and turn the roller brush on and off on the handle. It took a little getting used to, but I'm able to vacuum my small throw rugs instead of having to shake them outside now if needed. The on-board tools are great also. They seat very snugly into the back. I did purchase the extra Miele turbo brush which by the way does not seat on board the back of any of the Miele models and it is also excellent and worth the investment for the furniture. After reading a couple other reviews- the Twist is pretty much the same vacuum as the Cat Dog model if you buy this attachment. I didn't see the need for the head light for the extra money, and I don't miss it. As for ping the pricey $75 on the turbo brush tool- I feel it was worth it. This brush is extremely sturdy and covers a lot more surface area than my old turbo brush. I saved $145 buying the Twist instead of the Cat Dog with this attachment included. I was concerned that the price of the bags was going to be a factor also- but I just changed my first bag out after about 2 months of pretty heavy duty use. A normal vacuum bag would only last me about two weeks. These do really somehow compress everything down. The wand and its built-in extension is great. I really like how the hose locks down so you don't pull the entire machine over trying to vacuum your couch, stairs, or something high. The hose length is good. I have a short stairwell and was able to get all but the last step with the hose extended from the vacuum at the bottom of the steps. It is fully adequate to reach standard ceiling corners. I even vacuumed my curtains with it because you can turn the suction so low. Overall this is the nicest vacuum I've ever used. The website was great too. I received my vacuum in less than a week and the customer service was top notch. Overall I'm extremely happy with my purchase and highly recommend this vacuum to anyone.
- Works great
- I was upgrading from a $98 vacuum I bought at Walmart in 1997, so there is no comparison between this vacuum and what I was using. It is a little on the heavy side, but that doesn't bother me at all and I don't regret buying this one. It works very well and has a great bag system that not only holds the bag very securely in place but uses bag that have a spring-loaded closure that keeps dust/dirt from going everywhere when you remove the bag. The hose can be a little awkward and takes some getting used to, but it works well too. I think it's awkward because the end of the hose is a long metal tube that isn't flexible, so it can be difficult to get at certain spots - I think it would be easier to reach these spots if the hose were either entirely flexible or mostly flexible with just a short metal tube at the end. Overall, it definitely has a solid, well-built feel too it, and although I don't have a lot to compare it to, it doesn't seem too loud.
- great for pet owners
- I love that the Miele picks up ALL the pet hair along with the normal dust. Even the hose has powerful suction. It's also a bit quieter than my old vacuum. The on board attachments & long cord make it much more convenient. I've had to train myself to pick it up by the handle on the back & not the handle with the controls. This design may increase the potential for wear & tear. The hooks for the long cord are also not deep enough to hold it in place. The bags are also pretty expensive for a non allergy sufferer. These are small concerns considering the satisfaction of a really effective vacuum!
- Pick-up is awesome, I can't believe what our old vacuum cleaner was missing. My only complaint is that I'll be needing to buy the brush attachment for the stairs. If you have carpeted stairs, you won't be able to clean them with the vacuum itself due to the twist feature.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Dynamic U1 Twist Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Miele Dynamic U1 Twist is the introductory model in Miele's line of U1 upright vacuum cleaners. With a Sprint Blue finish and many of the same features as the midrange Dynamic upright models, the Miele Twist represents the best attributes found in Miele's canister vacuum cleaners at a very reasonable cost. Having already tested the Miele Swing, Auto Eco and Jazz, I was expecting near identical results from the Twist.
What I like about Miele U1 Twist Upright
The Twist performed in line with the rest of the U1 upright vacuum cleaners. Not only was it able to pull dog hair up with ease, the separate motors made it easy to switch over from our dirty carpet samples to the tile underneath. While I will admit, the performance is very similar to that of the Miele canisters, if you want better cleaning power on smooth surfaces, the wand works very well with the optional (and separate) Twister, parquet floor brush. In general, for those who are accustomed to using uprights, the Twist will exceed cleaning expectations.
The controls of the Twist are both simple and convenient. On the ergonomic handle is one switch to power the vacuum on and off and another to engage the brush roll. This makes transitioning from one type of carpet easier is the automatic height adjustment. Spring loaded wheels work to ensure that the brush roll is set to a depth that allows for maximum cleaning on any surface. Changing between different levels of suction is as easy as turning the rotary dial control.
Miele's new Swivel-Neck design is truly impressive. Unlike bulky, hard to maneuver uprights, the swivel-neck design provides much greater flexibility when it comes to movement and vacuuming around furniture. On carpet the Twist handles even the tightest of corners with a simple twist of the wrist. The swivel-neck feature along with the ability to lay the Twist flat makes it ideal from some of those hard to reach places, and because it stands on 6 when lying flat it is much easier to use under furniture than comparable upright vacuum cleaners.
Something that also adds to the overall cleanliness of this vacuum is the 9-ply, 3D AirClean U bags. They are thick and strong, provide great filtration even on low suction settings, and have a very large capacity. The self-sealing, spring-loaded collars makes disposal much more hygienic than that of bag less vacuums, and with a color coded collar, it's easy to remember which bag fits your Twist.
Like other Miele upright vacuum cleaners, the U1 Twist is very quiet. Whether cleaning smooth or carpeted surfaces, you can actually carry on a conversation, talk on the phone or hear the doorbell.
Cost is another major plus for the Twist. By eliminating the standard HEPA filter and LED lamp, Miele was able to reduce the price of this model to bring it down more in the midrange price area. While trimming only a few features but lowering the cost, the Twist represents a great value in terms of what you get for what you pay.
What I do not like about Miele U1 Twist Upright
There was little to dislike about the Miele Twist. In one regard, I was spoiled by the self-winding cord that is featured in all of Miele's canisters, and though Miele did consider this option, it ultimately was not included due to weight concerns, and weight is something to keep in mind. The Twist is heavier than most comparable uprights.
Because the Twist lacks any sort of special brush for edging, like many vacuums it can be difficult to vacuum as tightly against walls as some would like (this is where I use the wand and crevice tool to make one quick pass along the edges). Due to the powerful suction of the Vortex motor, this is not an issue on smooth flooring.
The lack of a HEPA filter is likely this units only real flaw. If HEPA filtration is not a necessity, but exceptional cleaning ability is, the Twist may be perfect for you needs. If in the future you should need HEPA filtration, the Twist is easily upgraded and will accept Miele's HEPA filter.
In summary, for customers looking for one of the most powerful and hygienic uprights on the market, the Twist is the way to go. In all regards, the Twist provides identical cleaning ability and near identical functionality compared to the others in the U1 upright series. From the conveniences of suction control, automatic height adjustment and self-sealing bags to the practical innovations of the an extra long cord, sturdy yet sleek design, swivel-neck handling, and extra long hose and wand, the Twist delivers on all promises and will leave you satisfied for many years to come.
Could you please tell the CFM and water lift for the Miele Home Care upright vacuum? I'd really appreciate that, thank you so much!
Miele Dynamic U1 Twist Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||All types of carpet|
|Vacuum type:||Dynamic U1 Upright|
|Construction:||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||12 AMP, 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Brush Roll Motor:||4800 RPM|
|Operating Radius:||55 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Dial Controls on Body / Suction & Power switches on Handle|
|Handle:||Ergonomic Deluxe Handle assembly plus fingertip controls|
|Wand:||Fully Adjustable 2 ft.|
|Hose:||Retractable with Hose Lock, 14 ft.|
|Bag capacity:||5.45 quart filterbags bags|
|HEPA Filter:||Optional, AirClean Filter standard|
|Bag type:||3D AirClean U|
|Extra Long Crevice Tool:||Yes|
|Dustbag Change Indicator:
|Filter Change Indicator:||No|
|Dimensions:||46.5"H x 13.5"W x 14.5" D|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and body - 1 years on parts and labor|
Miele Dynamic U1 Twist Vacuum Cleaner Additional Resources
Miele Dynamic U1 Twist Operating Manual
Miele Twist Vacuum Owner Manual
Miele Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Miele Vacuum FAQs
Top Five Upright Vacuums
Compare Miele Dynamic U1 Upright Vacuums
Why Buy From A Miele Authorized Dealer?