Miele Dynamic U1 AutoEco Vacuum Cleaner
The Miele AutoEco
Dynamic U1 Upright Vacuum Cleaner (formerly the Miele S7 Bolero) is a top of the line Miele upright vacuum cleaners. The HEPA AirClean filter and the spring-loaded, self-sealing dust bags are ideal for allergy sufferers who want to limit exposure to dust, pet hair and other allergens. From the strong, deep black color to the creative swivel-neck design to the incredible 55 foot cleaning radius, Miele has developed an evolutionary new upright vacuum. For those Miele fans that love the convenience of their canister vacuums, the AutoEco retains the flexibility of the Miele canister line with the powerful carpet cleaning capability of an upright. While cleaning carpet is easy with the AutoEco, a separate motor for the roll brush gives you the straight suction capability most needed for cleaning smooth surfaces.
The AutoEco is one of your best choices for a durable and modern vacuum that is best equipped to handle all of your cleaning needs. In recognition of this, leading consumer agencies have consistently ranked the AutoEco toward the top of of upright vacuum cleaner rankings for multiple, consecutive years.
*NOTE: The Miele U1 AutoEco vacuum was formerly known as the S7580 AutoEco / Bolero. Aside from the change in model name, all features have remained the same.
- A new Swivel-Neck design allows for better turning and cornering around furniture. This feature gives a nimble touch to this upright.
- The improved, HEPA AirClean filter captures allergens like dust mite allergen, cat dander, and pollen and conforms to the stringent European H13 filtration standard, trapping 99.95% of all particles as small as 0.1 microns.
- The new TimeStrip indicator on the HEPA filter lets you know exactly when it's time to replace it.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The 12 Amp, 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- The Slow Starting motor reduces wear and tear while extending the life of the motor.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years of residential use (45 minutes at the highest setting once per week).
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Each Miele Dynamic Upright comes standard with a Deluxe Handle Assembly. This handle is ergonomic and keeps the strain off your wrist.
- The ergonomic handle comes equipped with Brush Roll and Power Control.
- With Full Electronic Controls the Auto Eco also comes with an Automatic Suction Adjustment setting.
- The spring-loaded, Automatic Height Adjustment makes moving to different surfaces a breeze.
- With an Operating Radius of 55 ft. the AutoEco gives you the ability to clean throughout the house without having to change outlets.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the rubber wheels won't damage floors.
- A LED Brush Light for enhanced visibility while cleaning.
- State-of-the-art textured finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- A Six Inch Profile while lying flat allows you to vacuum under some of the tightest spaces.
- Large AirClean dust bag with a 5.45 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- This new 3D Filter bag features 9 Stage Filtration. These layers help prevent sharp objects from puncturing the bag, while the dust bag closes automatically with a spring loaded collar, for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Filter change indicator light lets you know when it's time to change the HEPA filter.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation when compared to traditional uprights.
- The Hose Lock feature allows you to lock the hose into place helping to stabilize the vacuum while using the wand.
- The new Dynamic U1 uprights all come with a Built-In Handle in the back of the unit to allow for easy transportation of the vacuum.
- Adding versatility, brushes, attachments and tools that will fit the Miele Canisters also readily attach to the Lightweight, Telescopic, 2 ft. Wand of the Auto Eco.
- Fully integrated, on-board tools include an Extra Long Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motors and ABS Shell - 1 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele Dynamic U1 AutoEco Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
To address a drawback to bulky, traditional uprights, the new Miele S7 upright vacuum cleaners come with a new swivel-neck design. The body of the vacuum swivels on the base. This smooth left to right motion aids when turning the vacuum around furniture and tight corners.
|Deluxe Handle Assembly
The Miele S7 series uses a handle design similar to that found on Miele premium canisters. This reinforced, ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist. The handle also comes equipped with suction and power controls.
|Hose and Hose Lock Feature
The hose Miele developed for the uprights is one of the best on the market. Not only is it durable and rigorously tested, but this hose stretches to 14 ft. and is less rigid than those found on traditional uprights. When using the hose, Miele has developed a hose lock features that helps reduce the chance of tipping the vacuum while cleaning.
|LED Brush Light
The Miele Uprights feature a LED Brush Light that illuminates the area in front of you as you vacuum.
Each of the new Miele uprights come with three onboard accessories, all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. Each fits neatly into the body of the upright making for easy access and convenient storage.
The new 3D AirClean bags for the Miele uprights have an extra large, 5.45 quart capacity and now feature a redesigned, self-sealing technology. With 9 Stage Filtration, these heavy duty bags now come with a spring loaded sealing feature to ensure dirt and allergens remained trapped inside the bag and work to eliminate the chance of spills while changing. 9 Ply filtration combined with a pre-motor filter, H13 HEPA Filter and Miele's Sealed System give you the most hygienic vacuum available today.
|Improved HEPA AirClean Filter
The H13 HEPA AirClean filter not only captures and retains tiny, lung damaging particles (including dust mite feces and pollen), it features a Timestrip indicator that, with just a push of the small green button, will let you know when it's time to replace your filter. The filter conforms to stringent European standards, trapping 99.9% of all particles as small as 0.1 microns.
- No review title given
- I read reviews on the Miele Auto Eco Upright saying some people experienced problems with the vacuum cutting off and not restarting. I experienced the same the second time using this vacuum. My first thought was I was swiveling too far causing a short. The vacuum started back up and stopped running again. When assembling the vacuum out of the box, the top of the handle snaps into the top of the vacuum. I pulled the top of the handle out and reseated it. The vacuum did not stop running after reseating the handle. I have used the vacuum once since reseating the handle. I am hoping this is not a design flaw with this particular Miele that will continue to cause it to stop running. I am satisfied with the cleaning ability and the bag capacity. Four stars resulting since I had problems with the motor cutting off. [Editor's Note: If this type of problem occurs with a Miele upright, the handle NOT being completely locked into place is almost always the culprit.]
- There can be only one
- I purchased this for our home nearly three years ago now. In getting this, I made a deal with my wife, that she would have to get rid of at least three of the other vacuums she had at the time she had 5 and only 2 worked! In the time since then, we've gotten rid of all our other vacuums except one for upstairs. I'm glad to be rid of the mess and clutter and really happy that we found something that works well enough to do everything needed for the downstairs of our home. This is the quietest vacuum I've ever heard operate. Neither the panasonic, hoover, eureka, or shark where as quiet as this vac or as powerful. The bag is easy to replace. It's not at all like our old Hoover where we would lay newspaper out on the floor, lean the vacuum over, replace the paper bag and throw away all the mess that spilled out onto the paper. The wand is nice too. My wife is short, so I periodically use it to clean the corners of the living and dining rooms old farm house with 10' ceilings. The only drawbacks are the weight and keep an eye on the cord. That brush is powerful enough to chew through the cord in a matter of seconds! It's been a great purchase for us, and I'll never go back to a cheap vacuum again.
- so far so good
- I love the vacuum - it is easy to handle and swivels into tight corners much easier than my old clunky Kirby. I had read reviews that it did not tip over when using the hose and attachments - a pet peeve of mine with the old vacuum - but this one also tips over on me - in fact, the little plastic piece that holds the hose in broke off in week 2 after the unit tipped while I was using the hose. I was able to slide the broken piece back in, but am disappointed that I have to be so cautious still when using the hose. Great suction and cleaning power and I love the "automatic" carpet height selection.
- Has it all
- I needed to replace my old, old vacuum, and I got frustrated with several newer vacuums that didn't seem to do the job. I finally decided to buy a Miele. The downsides are the expense and the weight, but it works beautifully on all floors. The tools are handy, and they are efficient. I'm pleased with this purchase, and I'd recommend this vacuum who's willing to carry it around.
- Heavy But Terrific
- The vacuum cleaner is heavy but pushes easily and is extremely effective. A recent appliance repair person at our house to repair a sub zero refrigerator commented that it is the best vacuum on the market. I love it.
- I have been reading about this vacuum for over 2 years. I decided on this model over the tango because I think black will be a more durable color over the years.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Dynamic U1 AutoEco Upright Vacuum Cleaners
The Miele AutoEco is the second in Miele's line of Dynamic upright vacuum cleaners. With a Deep Black finish and the same features as the premium Miele Tango and Swing, the Miele AutoEco represents a combination of the best attributes found in Miele's canister vacuum cleaners, as well as, their commitment to quality. Having already tested the Miele Tango and Swing, I was looking for the Miele Auto Eco U1 to provide comparable, if not the exactly the same, cleaning results as these top tier models. Tested against deep and low pile carpet as well as finished concrete and rubberized flooring, the AutoEco was well-suited for each task.What I like about the Miele Dynamic AutoEco Vacuum
As usual, I use several different types of carpet samples and rugs, all thoroughly prepped by being used as doormats or as beds for my dog. Whether on thicker, high pile carpet or thinner, low pile mats, the AutoEco had ample suction to remove even the most embedded pet hair and dirt. With only a few quick passes the entire sample section was clean, and while using it on these samples I noticed the roller brush nearly propels the U1 AutoEco forward. For the smooth flooring I disengaged the brush roll, and the straight suction power of Miele's Vortex motor made this upright extremely efficient. As far as cleaning ability is concerned, the AutoEco comes out on top.
The controls of the AutoEco are both simple and convenient. On the ergonomic handle is one switch to power the vacuum on and off and another to engage the brush roll. This makes transitioning from one type of carpet easier is the automatic height adjustment. Spring loaded wheels work to ensure that the brush roll is set to a depth that allows for maximum cleaning on any surface.
The automatic suction setting is also a time saver. The Vortex motor will adjust itself depending on the type of flooring you are cleaning, and if an automatic setting is not for you, the AutoEco has simple electronic controls to set the suction to just what you need for any particular task.
Quite honestly, you will likely not find another vacuum that is as powerful but as quiet as the Bolero... unless you're looking at another Miele. The German-engineered motors are encased and surrounded by sound insulation, and it is this overall design that makes the Dynamic U1 upright so quiet. You can literally talk on the phone while vacuuming, which means no more missing the doorbell or having to yell over the sound of the vacuum. No other brand comes close to Miele in this regard.
Miele's new Swivel-Neck design is truly impressive. Unlike bulky, hard to maneuver uprights, the swivel-neck design provides much greater flexibility when it comes to movement and vacuuming around furniture. On carpet the U1 Auto Eco handles even the tightest of corners with a simple twist of the wrist. The swivel-neck feature along with the ability to lay the Auto Eco flat makes it ideal from some of those hard to reach places, and because it stands on 6 when lying flat it is much easier to use under furniture than comparable vacuum cleaners.
As always, the HEPA filtration and sealed system are excellent features for those who suffer from allergies or asthma, or for those simply concerned with the quality of the air inside their homes. The filter is very easy to replace, and with the upgrade to the H13 HEPA filter with a TimeStrip indicator, this filter now boasts better filtration and before, removing 99.95% of particles as small as 0.1 microns. Something that also adds to the overall cleanliness of this vacuum is the self-sealing, 9-ply AirClean U bags. They are thick and strong, provide great filtration and have a very large capacity.
What I do not like about Miele Dynamic AutoEco Vacuum
There was little to dislike about the Miele AutoEco. In one regard, I was spoiled by the self-winding cord that is featured in all of Miele's canisters, and though Miele did consider this option, it ultimately was not included due to weight concerns.
The AutoEco lacks special edging bristles. Though it does a decent job, some may find it a little lacking. On smooth flooring this is not an issue. The suction of the Vortex motor is more than ample to pull in dirt and debris without having to run directly over it.
As is the case with the entire Dynamic lineup, the cost of these vacuums may be prohibitive to some. However like all Mieles, when you weigh quality, performance, durability and initial cost against other uprights that do not clean nearly as well or last nearly as long, the Miele U1 AutoEco is a worthy investment.
For allergy and asthma sufferers alike the Miele AutoEco is truly a best buy. In all regards, the AutoEco provides identical cleaning ability and function compared to the Tango. From the conveniences of suction control, automatic height adjustment and self-sealing bags to the practical innovations of the an extra long cord, sturdy yet sleek design, swivel-neck handling, and extra long hose and wand, the AutoEco delivers on all promises and will leave you satisfied for many years to come.
Miele Dynamic U1 AutoEco Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||All types of carpet|
|Vacuum type:||Premium Class Upright|
|Construction:||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||12 AMP, 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Brush Roll Motor:||4800 RPM|
|Operating Radius:||55 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Electronic Controls on Body / Suction & Power switches on Handle|
|Handle:||Ergonomic Deluxe Handle assembly plus full fingertip controls|
|Wand:||Fully Adjustable 2 ft.|
|Hose:||Retractable with Hose Lock, 14 ft.|
|Bag capacity:||5.45 quart AirClean dust bags|
|HEPA Filter:||Yes, H13 HEPA AirClean Filter|
|Bag type:||3D AirClean U|
|Extra Long Crevice Tool:||Yes|
|Dustbag Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Silence Insulation :||Yes|
|Dimensions:||46.5"H x 13.5"W x 14.5" D|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motors - 1 years on parts and labor|
Miele Dynamic U1 AutoEco Vacuum Cleaner Additional Resources
Miele Dynamic U1 AutoEco Vacuum Operating Manual
Miele S7 AutoEco/Bolero Operating Manual
Top Five Upright Vacuums
Compare Miele Dynamic U1 Upright Vacuums
Miele Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Miele Vacuum FAQs
Why Buy From A Miele Authorized Dealer?