Miele S5381 Leo HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
As a signature Diamond Dealer piece, the Miele Leo vacuum cleaner offers the best features that Miele has to offer. With full digital controls, two floor tools and exceptional range, the Leo provides everything you need for cleaning any type of flooring and conveniently offers the tools to make above-the-floor cleaning simple. The Miele Leo vacuum is not just a complete home cleaning system, but it's also one that will last you for decades to come. With a sterling brand reputation, a motor tested to last 20 years, and a 7 year warranty backing up the motor and ABS shell, the S5381 Leo provides long-lasting service for your home. As a Diamond Dealer exclusive, the Leo is only sold by a select few Miele dealers and represents one of a few models that cannot be found with just any Miele dealer.
- The certified Active HEPA filter captures allergens like dust mite feces and pollen and conforms to the stringent European EN1822 filtration standard, trapping 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 microns.
- Miele's patented AirClean Sealed System features sealing, rubber gaskets, a 9-ply filter bag, pre-motor and HEPA filter with carbon that create an 11 stage filtration system designed to keep all the dust and allergens inside.
- Large G/N AirClean filter bag with a 4.76 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Constructed of 9 durable layers to prevent sharp objects from penetrating the bag, the dust bag is spring-loaded, so it closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- The layer of Generally Activated Charcoal in the HEPA filter helps to reduce odors.
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- The powerful, 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use (45 Min. per week at highest setting).
- Push-button +/- Controls lets you choose from six levels of power without ever having to bend over.
- Impressive 33 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Filterbag indicator alerts you when it's time to replace the G/N bag.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation. Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Deluxe Handle Assembly is ergonomic, keeping the strain off your wrist.
- Lightweight at only 13.5 pounds, making it easy to use.
- The SES119 Electric Hose is crush-proof and extremely durable.
- The stainless Electric, Telescoping wand and two space-saving park positions, makes it easy to store and carry the Leo.
- Comes with your choice of the electrically-driven SEB 236 Powerbrush or the SEB 217-3, both excellent solutions for wide varieties of carpet. The Leo also comes standard with the SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Brush, ideal for gentle but thorough cleaning of tiled and wood floors; rotates 90° and is exceptionally agile.
- On-board tools include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- The Direct Connect system with no exterior wires makes it easy to change the electrical brushes.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and shell as well as a 1 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele S5381 Leo HEPA Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
Full Size Powerbrush
13 3/8 " wide
|SEB 236 Full Size Illuminated Powerbrush
Your first option of powerheads is the SEB 236. This independently driven carpet tool features a 13 3/8" wide brush roll and 5 height adjustments for a variety of carpet heights and style. As the most popular floor tool choice for home with large amounts of carpet or pets, this carpet tool has a swivel neck for maneuverability, an LED light and all-around bumper strip to protect your furniture. An automatic shut-off kicks in when you park it. Recommended for deep cleaning medium and thick carpeting.
Mid Size Powerbrush
10 1/2" wide
|SEB 217-3 Mid Size Powerbrush
Your other option for a powerhead is the SEB 217-3. Electrically driven and 10" wide, the SEB 217-3 has a floating head and swivel neck design that is ideal for low-pile and medium-pile carpet. This slimmer and lighter powerbrush is recommended for deep cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap on low to medium pile carpets with moderate densities.
|SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Tool
This blended bristle brush is the signature floor tool in the Miele vacuum cleaner line. With soft yet sturdy bristles, the Twister loosens debris on hard floor and gently sweeps it away. Safe enough for delicate flooring but strong enough for every day removal of dirt, dust and grime, the Twister is lightweight and features a low, slim profile to access hard-to-reach areas.
A required component for the use of all electric powerbrushes. Versions vary depending on canister style used. Miele hoses all are crush-proof and regardless of the abuse, will always retain their original shape, and the there are no exterior wires that could get caught on furniture while cleaning. The Miele Capricorn hose gives you the ability to use nearly any floor attachment Miele offers.
The Miele S5 vacuum cleaners all come standard with these three included tools, all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more.
- dusting brush
- upholstery nozzle
- crevice tool
All three tools store conveniently and securely "under the hood".
|Deluxe Handle Assembly
The deluxe ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist while giving you complete control of the Leo. This handle comes equipped with powerbrush control switch to easily turn the powerbrush off or on from the handle.
|AirClean Dust bags
As the core of the Miele AirClean Sealed System, the AirClean filter bag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
- 33% longer suction performance than Intensive Clean bags
- 15% improved filtration
- Air flow guides increase dust storage capacity by up to 25%
- Self-sealing collar for hygienic removal and disposal
|H13 HEPA Filter
The H13 HEPA filter not only captures and retains tiny, lung damaging particles (including dust mite feces and pollen), it also uses a layer of generally activated charcoal to absorb odors. The filter conforms to stringent European standards, trapping 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 microns. Replace after 50 hours of use or approximately 12 months.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Leo S5381 Vacuum Cleaner
As one of only a handful of Diamond Dealer models, the exclusive Miele Leo is a premium canister vacuum cleaner with features that place this versatile vacuum near the top of the Miele list and well above comparable brands. With an array of value added features, durable construction, and best-in-class cleaning ability, the Leo represents one of the most hygienic vacuums available to clean your home. After spending a week with our showroom model, this is how the Leo stacks up to other Miele canister vacuum cleaners.
What I like about the Miele Leo Vacuum Cleaner
Filtration, filtration, filtration. The Leo has the fully array of components that qualify it as a Miele AirClean System vacuum cleaner. Rubber seals prevent air from leaking and debris from escaping as you clean. The 9-ply filter bag traps large, medium and even small particles. A pre-motor filter keeps any damage particles from collecting around the motor and a genuine HEPA filter with a layer of activated charcoal traps microparticles and odors before releasing fully cleaned air back into your home. This complete filtration system not only traps the dirt, hair and dust that accumulate on your floors, but unlike traditional vacuum cleaners that can pollute indoor air, it actually removes allergens like dander, pollen, mold spores and dust mite allergen.
Durable. The Leo is built to last. It's nice to know that when you spend significant money on a product, you're investing in something that has tens of thousands of hours of testing to back up it's performance. Miele rigorously tests its vacuums, and the Leo is no exception. With a rough and tumble ABS shell, motor that is tested to provide 20 years of consistent suction, and a 7 year warranty on the motor and body to back these up, you can have confidence that the Leo is an investment that will more than pay for itself over the years to come.
Like the Capricorn, you actually get a choice in which independently powered carpet tool you want. For those who have lots of carpet or pets, the SEB 236 provides all the power you need, plus an LED light and height adjustment pedal. For those who want a lighter carpet cleaning head or those with shorter carpet, the SEB 217-3 is a less expensive alternative. Choose whichever component best fits your household's cleaning needs.
HEPA filters, in particular, true HEPA filters, are great. But, a HEPA filter that can also remove odors? Even better! The Miele HEPA filter features just enough activated charcoal to trap many of the odors that carpets and flooring can hold.
Lastly, it is sometimes the little things that set Miele apart. You may not think of some of these features as critical, but they sure are handy! Instead of having to manually rewind the cord, just step on the cord rewind button. Instead of fumbling around spending time looking for missing vacuum attachments, check under the hood of the Leo (they store conveniently out of sight). Instead of having to switch flooring tools when going from carpet to cleaning a small area of smooth flooring, simply switch off the brushroll and keep on cleaning. Instead of allowing allergens and dirt to escape when you change the bag, simply remove the Miele G/N bag and let it seal itself. It's all these little features that truly add convenience to the Leo.
What I do not like about the Miele Leo Vacuum Cleaner
This is just personal preference, but I'm not a big fan of the color. I've never liked yellow.... for cars, houses, or vacuums. But that's just me.
The price can be a big concern for many, but with an industry leading warranty, a motor tested to last two decades, and a brand reputation that is synonymous with quality performance, you may pay more, but you certainly receive more in return. Just think of all the WalMart vacuumss that won't have to be packed out to the curb in front of your house for the next twenty years.
The Leo offers nearly every one of the very best features that Miele has to offer. Convenient, efficient, hygienic, durable, and versatile, the Leo is a value that isn't common in the world of home appliances. So for allergy and asthma sufferers who want cleaner homes and cleaner air or just those who won't settle for less than the best, the Miele Leo vacuum cleaner is worth serious consideration.
Miele S5381 Leo HEPA Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Any floor type|
|Vacuum type:||Full-size canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||33 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Push Button Control on canister, On/Off Switch on Handle|
|Handle:||Ergonomic deluxe handle assembly with brushroll control|
|Wand:||SET220 telescopic wand|
|Bag type:||G/N AirClean Filter bag|
|Bag capacity:||4.76 quart|
|HEPA Filter:||Yes, Active HEPA Filter with Generally Activated Charcoal|
|Included Floor Tools:||Powerbrush for carpets & Parquet Floor Brush for smooth floors|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator :
|Filter Change Indicator:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19" L x 10" W x 8.25" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and body - 1 year on parts and labor|